h.i.d problem

808rallyred

Big Island,HI
Vehicle Model
si
Body Style
sedan
hey you guys i need help my hid's are acting up the brand is xentec i have 6k low beam and 3k fog light,

problem: all 4 lights wont turn on at the same time, sometimes both low beams turn on then one side turns off or only one fog light will stay on all this started happening today 5/16/12 after i put sounds in my car im thinking it the sounds some how theres not enough power for everything has this ever happen to you guys?

is there any suggestions for what to do thanks in advance

are you running a wire harness w/relays on the hid kit? Is it only happening when you're running your audio system? (what audio system is hooked up?)

No wire harness just the basic plug and play with slim ballast and I'm running a 300watt Memphis amp and a 10 jl audio sub in power wedge box

Try unplugging the stereo stuff and see if the problem keeps happening.

It works fine without the sound system but I'm wondering why it would do that maybe not enough power for everything to work

not sure how you wired your audio system, but do you have a capacitor installed?

There's a cap we just reinstalled everything and found out that the hids are pulling a lot of juice all most as much as my amp lol so I think I have to run the hids that have a harness to connect to the battery so it can have it own power source

The hid ur runnin at cheaply made so doesn't surprise me! Don't take that the wrong way cause I'm also using the same brand and have had problems to take then to wear u bought them and get them replaced!

Clunck

Yeah I figure it's the cheap hids that I have that's giving me problems any suggestions on a kit that would work good because my low beams work fine but my fogs still don't work had to put stock bulbs back in

Just get them replaced with the same one warrenty should cover it. That's what I do!

Clunck

The ballets prolly just went bad happens all the time with cheap kits

Clunck

The ballets prolly just went bad happens all the time with cheap kits

Clunck

Its actually not a sign the ballast is going bad, the newer kits (within the past 3-5 years) have voltage protect modes, if they dont have enough power to fire up they turn off and wont try to turn on again until the power is turned off and back on. Its better for the ballasts and bulbs to power off in this protect mode rather than continuously trying to strike and warm up without enough power.

I have hid low beam and fog lights, with the car off if i try to turn on all 4 ballasts at the same time, one or both of the fogs will strike, start powerup and then turn off. With the car on theres enough power to keep everything happy.

Hey guys kinda off topic and might be a little stupid but I'm looking to buy 3k halogen bulbs for the high beams and was wondering does it matter how much wattage it is cause some bulbs are 65watts and some are 100watts which one should I go

Back