Happy to be back in the Si fold

Thunder

Apex, NC
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hi, all.

I was 'Thunder' on 8th_civic.com painfully long ago, with an '07 Galaxy Gray Civic Si sedan w/navi. Traded it in when my wife got a 2012 Infiniti Condominium (aka QX56); regretted it instantly, tried to remove it from the deal one hour too late. I had flown from Raleigh to Boston to get it, paying 19,900 out the door. Four years and 60K miles later, they put it on their lot for 19,985.

Anyway, I dealt with the QX56 for about two years before we got rid of it. If you ever wanted to know what the exact opposite of the 'wanna play' nature of the Si is, that monster is it. We replaced the QX (and its monster of a payment) with a hand-me-down 2007 Chrysler Pacifica. I'll leave it at: no one who enjoys driving ever aspires to a Pacifica.

I went through a long debate, really looking at EVERY option up to and including a BMW M3... so, far in excess of the price point of a Civic. I came back to the Si several times, but what finally swayed me was how it just does so much so well. It may not be the quickest, but it's quick. May not be the smoothest riding, but it's smooth. Technology integration is good. So this past weekend, in the conclusion of my search, I drove from Raleigh to DC to pick up a 2014 Alabaster Silver Civic Si sedan with navigation. By going to Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA, I saved roughly $3000 over what I could do locally.

Si_4.jpg

I've just gotten past about 400 miles on her, after driving back home, about half of which was in an absolute deluge. The drive home also involved frequent speed changes, as I understand that helps with break-in. I'm just starting to explore the performance capabilities of the car, and remembering the fun of my old one. I will admit that I do miss the 8K redline, and the frantic VTEC scream of my '07 from 5800 to 8300 fuel cutoff, but I think I'll get over that, especially as the engine loosens up a bit.

Without further ado, then, here are some glamour shots I took before heading down to a bike ride yesterday.

Si_1.jpg Si_2.jpg Si_3.jpg Si_5.jpg

FYI, the '14 will still fit a bike; the pass-through is a little narrower, I think, but workable. Wheels removed, I was able to squeeze a road bike and mountain bike wholly in the trunk of the '07, seats up. Not sure the '14 will do the same. Also, I could get a full-size tandem bike in the '07, with a front seat passenger.

Looking forward to many, many miles to come.

-Thunder

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

Is it me or do the wheels look HUGE on the silver?

Reactions: Nix
Welcome to the forum! Great intro, a very funny read. Nomar is right, those wheels do look huuuuge on there! hahaha.

Back