Headers and exhaust

mhjung

Rancho Cucamonga
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Sedan
looking to get headers for my '15 ex sedan. Any suggestions?

Also, had a mangaflow exhaust awhile back on my 07 ex. Loved the sound but was a little too loud for me (maybe cause the custom pipeing was too big? I dunno)

Anyways, anyone ever heard of tanabe exhausts? Thoughts?

no reason you can't have an exhaust shop custom fabricate one. Just may be pretty expensive

Dont modity your car until youve done some research and dont tell tme you did (9th civics dont have headers).

Yeah, thats a generic "header" photo. Basically the exhaust manifold is cast into the block on the R18 and you have one single exhaust "port" coming out the front. The exhaust port then dumps straight into the catalytic converter. The quicker you can fire the cat the less emissions you get. Hence, Honda have very very good emissions and mileage ratings. Honda even had cars back in 05' that were designated PZEV or partial zero emission vehicles. Pretty awesome for the air and environment. Terrible for the auto enthusiast, but eh, there needs to be a balance. Not every car is a race car.

That said,.....

Yes, you can get a "header" for your R18. Its generally referred to as a "test pipe" though. It simply replaces the cat with a straight section of piping and connects the exhaust port to the down pipe/midpipe section of the exhaust. This connection is where a "cat back" exhaust system would attach.

You basically have the same engine as your old 07.

From what I know, adding a test pipe will lose quite a bit of low end power on these cars and add a lot of noise. Just something to consider.

I know that feeling. If you need it everyday, you have to keep it tolerable. No sense in having a car you need all the time that you hate to drive.

Back