Hello from the SF Bay Area - '13 Si Sedan

Gugs

San Francisco Bay Area
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hello everybody! Just purchased a '13 Si Sedan the other day. So far I absolutely love this car. I spend quite a bit of time on my commute and was ready to drop some coin on a '14 Prius... until I came across this car. Sure, the Si requires premium fuel and isn't as efficient as a Prius... but the Si actually puts a grin on my face. I've always been a Toyota guy... but I've always had a soft spot for the Si Sedans. The low end torque of the 2.4 is very nice when I'm dealing with bumper to bumper traffic. I haven't zinged it past 4k yet (break-in)... but can't wait to let that engine sing. I probably won't go crazy modding this car (been there, done that) since it's my daily driver... but I did find myself looking at intakes already! I look forward to getting good info from you guys.
3a4apyqy.jpg

Thanks webby. The link you posted has some very good information. I have been varying the load and rpm of the engine to seat the rings.

Hello everybody! Just purchased a '13 Si Sedan the other day. So far I absolutely love this car. I spend quite a bit of time on my commute and was ready to drop some coin on a '14 Prius... until I came across this car. Sure, the Si requires premium fuel and isn't as efficient as a Prius... but the Si actually puts a grin on my face. I've always been a Toyota guy... but I've always had a soft spot for the Si Sedans. The low end torque of the 2.4 is very nice when I'm dealing with bumper to bumper traffic. I haven't zinged it past 4k yet (break-in)... but can't wait to let that engine sing. I probably won't go crazy modding this car (been there, done that) since it's my daily driver... but I did find myself looking at intakes already! I look forward to getting good info from you guys.
3a4apyqy.jpg

Welcome! And greetings from Sacramento. Maybe we can ride Guadalupe Canyon...or Hwy 35 someday.

Welcome!! Man I was tempted to let her loose at only 10 miles lmao!! It was worth the wait tho hahaha! P.S I am in love with the back up camera hahaha!

Yes! Hwy 35, 9, 84, 1... all excellent roads. So far I'm really pleased with how toss able this car is in stock form.

Bruce- yep she's a keeper! I'm still very impressed with the low end torque on the 2.4! Handling is very crisp and the car feels very well balanced. I think the car attracts more attention than I'd like for a commuter, but I think I'll get over it. =]

Back