HELP! Installed new radio and now IMID and Radio don't come on!

Axx19

Hi fellow DIYers!

Came across a possible giant snag. Car is a 2014 Civic LX, base trim, base radio. Was installing a Pioneer DMH-2660NEX with Maestro RR, everything has been working fine for 2 days. I was doing the bluetooth controls for tonight since I had to tap a wire, everything went well, car and radio were working fine. Finished the tap using a posi-tap and went to hook up the radio back, and now the IMID and radio don't turn on!

Car turns on fine, engine runs, lights inside work, AC and blinkers work, so I am guessing I pulled on or shorted the ACC circuit that feeds the IMID and radio. Also, the alarm/wireless key don't work. I thought voltage might have been low because I was working in the car for about 30 minutes with the engine off.

Any guidance on where to start checking the circuits? It's late and I have limited visibility to check on all the fuses tonight Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited:
UPDATE :::

So if found my fuse tester, went downstairs and just started checking every fuse ... #28 was only letting 2.3 Volts through... swapped it for a new one and everything works as it should..

try looking at the fuse panel under the dash area by the drivers left knee area. This person claimed fuse 28 fixed their imid.

Tried removing fuse 28, there was no change in the car, tried replacing it with the backup fuse, there was no change.

Seems like this circuit has a break somewhere. I ordered the Haynes manual to do proper checks soon, anyone have the circuit diagram for fuse #28?

I haven't used a posi-tap before but when tapping wires with other tap devices like that they can sometimes break the conductor in the insulation completely

Are you 100% sure you got the wire you thought you did? if you crossed the signal wire to something else you could have created a short in the iMID

Yeah I tried disconnecting the tap and testing the unit turning back on, no dice. I had previously tested the wire by inserting the orange/red wire in the connector, everything worked fine. After tapping and shuffling the radio around it would not turn on anymore... :/

Car drives fine but it’s eerily quiet in my commute lol. I’ll have to wait for the weekend to take apart the Dash and trace the circuit for the IMID, hopefully a connector broke or came loose through all the pulling and tugging on the radio wires. No smoke or weird sparks while driving so it seems no loose wires running around.

This is actually news to me. Helms usually did the manuals for Honda until they started their own online access. I just looked it up, and I see Haynes created a manual themselves, and it has two chapters on wiring. This is actually good to know, and it’ll be interesting to see how their diagrams look if you’re willing to share some. Most of the diagram stuff posted on this site came from the Honda online service access program. If the Haynes is good, that will be a cheaper option for people.

This is actually news to me. Helms usually did the manuals for Honda until they started their own online access. I just looked it up, and I see Haynes created a manual themselves, and it has two chapters on wiring. This is actually good to know, and it’ll be interesting to see how their diagrams look if you’re willing to share some. Most of the diagram stuff posted on this site came from the Honda online service access program. If the Haynes is good, that will be a cheaper option for people.
Sure thing. I’ll post an update when I figure it out

Yah, I've got the Haynes. There's tons of wiring diagrams. I'd venture to say close to all of them thumbing through it real quick just now.

Hi fellow DIYers!

Came across a possible giant snag. Car is a 2014 Civic LX, base trim, base radio. Was installing a Pioneer DMH-2660NEX with Maestro RR, everything has been working fine for 2 days. I was doing the bluetooth controls for tonight since I had to tap a wire, everything went well, car and radio were working fine. Finished the tap using a posi-tap and went to hook up the radio back, and now the IMID and radio don't turn on!

Car turns on fine, engine runs, lights inside work, AC and blinkers work, so I am guessing I pulled on or shorted the ACC circuit that feeds the IMID and radio. Also, the alarm/wireless key don't work. I thought voltage might have been low because I was working in the car for about 30 minutes with the engine off.

Any guidance on where to start checking the circuits? It's late and I have limited visibility to check on all the fuses tonight Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Did you ever figure out a fix? I am having this problem please help!

Back