help with a clutch kit please...

roddizzle12

hello my fellow 9th gen owners, heres my issue that's been bothering me for a good month or two. Im sitting at a light with the a.c. on, I notice a "clak clak clak clak" noise from my engine. when I press the clutch to engage 1st gear I notice the noise disappeared. so I pull into a parking lot to see if I was going crazy. I waited for the a.c. compressor to turn on and off, the noise is still there. I did the same thing but with the clutch pedal pressed down to the floor and the noise is gone. so I think my throw out bearing is whats causing the noise or it might be something else. i still have 34,000 miles on the car i bought it used last year. if its my clutch what kind should i get, i was thinking of getting a stage 2 kit. any recommendations ?

Well first, what modifications do you have? It might be caused by something else a little more simple

If it's still stock, why not bring it to the dealer and have them figure it out under warranty?

that was my plan A, i was just trying to stay ahead of my clutch issue just incase its not covered under warranty

hello my fellow 9th gen owners, heres my issue that's been bothering me for a good month or two. Im sitting at a light with the a.c. on, I notice a "clak clak clak clak" noise from my engine. when I press the clutch to engage 1st gear I notice the noise disappeared. so I pull into a parking lot to see if I was going crazy. I waited for the a.c. compressor to turn on and off, the noise is still there. I did the same thing but with the clutch pedal pressed down to the floor and the noise is gone. so I think my throw out bearing is whats causing the noise or it might be something else. i still have 34,000 miles on the car i bought it used last year. if its my clutch what kind should i get, i was thinking of getting a stage 2 kit. any recommendations ?
May just be the load of the AC compressor - when at idle. Ours makes more noise (and it's a clak-clak-clak) when the AC cuts in, but I've never tried to relate it to a clutch issue. As it's under warranty take it to any dealer.

its weird thought but im going have to take it to the dealer and have them check it out while its still in bumper to bumper warrenty, it would really suck if its not covered then I would have to save up and get a whole new clutch kit with fly wheel............ ive been doing research and some clutch kits ive seen, you must have a flash pro or something like that..... any suggestions?

If you're not planning on modding out past 300 whp stay with the stock clutch. You will need a flash pro and tune if you run a different flywheel than stock I believe.

Not trying to hijack the thred but can you replace the clutch with like a stage 2 without issues. I'm just wondering because I really want to change mine but don't want to flashpro, and I don't want to change my flywheel.

so I took my car in yesterday and I told them my issue so being that im still under bumper to bumper (thank god) I didn't have to pay for diagnosis. got some information earlier and they had said theyre going to replace all whole clutch out including the fly wheel........I was like OH HELL YEAH NICE. so im getting a whole new clutch kit with fly wheel. so lucky they covered it I was worried that it wasn't covered because it would be considered a wear and tear part.............. so lucky ............

Not trying to hijack the thred but can you replace the clutch with like a stage 2 without issues. I'm just wondering because I really want to change mine but don't want to flashpro, and I don't want to change my flywheel.

The issue that requires a flashpro is related to lightweight flywheels, not specifically to the clutch. It just so happens that some of the popular choices for aftermarket clutch/flywheel combinations include lightweight flywheels. The lightweight flywheel will cause issues with misfire detection and in this case you will *NEED* Flashpro to turn off misfire detection.

As was said previously though, unless you planned on significant modifications, I wouldn't see any reason at all to swap the clutch out. If you planned on modding, then you'll need a flashpro anyhow, so no big deal.

I want the clutch because I'm use to them and like how it feels, more of a preference. I know I could do the valve delay delete, but if anything happened with my transmission I know they would fight it. So if I replace the clutch I won't have to worry about them fighting anything if something goes wrong, which was out of the sales and service managers mouth.

Back