Help with flashpro!? I'm new to it and cautious

P Hig

Indianapolis, IN
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
I hate to bring up old news or ask a question that can be answered elsewhere but I can't find a thread anywhere on it, nor do I know who to ask. I just bought my flashpro and got it all hooked up and registered. My car is completely stock so I'm trying to just run the reflash basemap. I clicked on "calibration" then chose the option "hondata stock reflash". The menu closed then I chose to upload the calibration to the Ecu, during this process all my malfunction indicator lights came on . I then started my car and drove it, I don't feel a difference in power really and vtec engages at 5000rpm which I'm pretty sure is stock and there is still rev hang. It said the upload was successful. Did I do something wrong? I left the flashpro plugged in which should be fine. I tried this twice and didn't seem to notice a difference either time.

Any help would be great. Thank you!

@squiggy or @323 are both potentially able to answer that. I've not run flashpro on a 9th gen to know what happens during the upload process.

It sounds like you did the steps correctly although doesn't sound like it worked because the reflash will get rid of the rev hang.
Sorry I couldn't be more help, but that's all I know

There were two basemaps. " hondata stock reflash" and one other option that didn't seem very professional like " hondata basically tune" or something of the sort. Along with the others for rbc and such, just 2 that seem to be what I'm looking for. I only tried the hondata stock reflash because the other didn't seem trustworthy the way it was presented

It sounds like you did the steps correctly although doesn't sound like it worked because the reflash will get rid of the rev hang.
Sorry I couldn't be more help, but that's all I know
quite a few said it didn't really help until they got a tune....but maybe some are more sensitive to the hang, idk

Well either way...
@P Hig I would try the one that didn't seem very professional. It sounds like you might have flashed the stock ecu map instead of the hondata reflash

Thanks, will do tomorrow @323 , I'll update the thread afterwards. And @webby I'm still getting about 500rpm of rev hang when short shifting at low rpm. Under hard acceleration it was hard for me to tell from day one.

@323 I thought the only way to flash the stock map back to the Ecu was to select the option in one of the drop bars " reset my Ecu back to factory"

That option is more for when you're going to sell your flashpro and or car.
The stock map is included for if you were going to use it as a base for a custom tune

Did some more research because I had a few more questions but once again I couldn't find answers. While my Ecu is flashed , if I have an issue and need to take my car into the dealer can they still access and retrieve information from the Ecu ? And could they tell if the car has been flashed?

You can flash it back to stock before you take it in, if you have any concerns about warranty and such.

I'm aware that I have that option and will exercise it as needed but, let's say my alternator blew to a million pieces (lol) as I was driving and I had no option but to have the car towed to the dealer. The common person doesn't carry a laptop ready to flash their Ecu when needed in their car. Can the dealer still access the Ecu to retrieve codes and info? @carpenj

A dealer can see the info on your ecu, but they'd only really access it if there were some specific reason. They don't just look at your ecu software every time you go to the dealer for work.

I'm fully aware of that as I'm a VW tech. You may wonder why I'm a tech and would take my car to get worked on by someone else, but a warranty is a great thing. Haha.. Thanks for the info though!

Back