Hesitation issues after installing aFe intake..

Tortoise

My girlfriend got me an aFe takeda intake for christmas. Everything went well installing it. Only thing is sometimes when i punch the car it kinda falls on its face for a second and then starts going. My buddy did poke the throttle body open a bit when we were installing it. Idk if this is a problem because of the drive by wire or not..Anybody else having this problem? Its really annoying and almost makes me wanna take it off. Id say it happens about 60% of the time when i get on the car:(

do you have any type of hondata reflash or hondata flashpro?

Did you disconnect the battery? If not, try disconnecting the negative terminal, let the car sit for a few minutes, reconnect, start the car, and let it idle for a few minutes. There is sometimes an ECU reset that will help the car "relearn" it's idle speed with the new intake and may improve your hesitation issue.

It's worth a try since it's free and will only take a few minutes. If it's still bad, take the intake off, go back to stock and see if the problem persists. Then you will know if its the intake or your buddy's poke job.

Hondata and a proper tune will also definitely not only clear up any issues but get you the results you want from your new parts.

I 'poke' my tb when I install/remove a intake. Lol. I open it and use a wet cloth to clean around it cuz it gets pretty dirty.

This is a pretty common issue for aftermarket intake installation. Maybe you did not disconnect the battery when you installed the intake?

Like Nix said, try to reset the ecu by disconnecting the negative terminal. Keep it disconnected for 10min, at least. Then reconnect and turn on the car and keep on idle for about 10min.

Mine did the same thing, under full throttle, even after disconnecting the battery. Try turning off the traction control and drive it like you stole it. Did that help? If not, maybe an etune.

Try checking all the connections again since you mentioned fitment issues in a different thread.

Getting sick of this bullshit i only have 1700 miles and yesterday my car spit a P0171 code. Advanced auto wouldnt clear it but it ended up clearin itself today. Is this all intake related? And will flashpro fix the hesitation with a tune? Some people are sayin theirs hesitates even with flashpro..close to going back to stock or getting rid of this thing..also not traction control. I turn it off the second i get in the car.

I find it hard to believe that it's intake related. Sounds like it's time to put it back to stock to see if that fixes it. If it does not, then take it to Honda for warranty work.

thinking about just trading it in on an frs or used s2k. This thing seems like a ticky,tappy,rattly POS already at 1700 miles..

Back