8th Gen Hey all

ct.yankee672

Naugatuck, CT
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
Hi all. I've been offline for a long time. I was on 8thGen and R18 member 621.

I am getting the mod bug back, and might just start doing some to my ASM 09 LX. [Edit: my 04 was satin silver]

ad0c4b0bbd2fce68853b06b958d7b75b.jpg

Last edited:
Quick stats: 95k miles, auto, 16" MB wheels, K&N in modded airbox

Pretty typical commuter/grocery getter/family car

Welcome! Theres not too many of us 8th gen owners here but a few. Everyones welcome though. There might not be model specific info for you but there are a lot of knowledgeable car people here if you're looking for general opinions on things or mechanical help.

What sort of plans are you considering for the car?

Probably just going with exhast and some chassis stiffening. My real car mod days were pre-2004 when I had my modified 97 Jetta that I autocrossed and dragged.

Been away for a while, but getting back into doing some things to the car.

Performance - Speed Daddy 2.5" short ram, Jet Performance Power-flo mass air flow sensor, axle-back muffler delete, Weapon R i-Throttle controller
Exterior - "Honda" windshield banner with black vinyl backing, i-VTEC SOHC rear door decals, ShadeSox rear window sun shades, Bayan front window sun shades

20160729_115651.jpg
20160728_094804.jpg
20160730_164308.jpg
20160730_164341.jpg
20160729_115651.jpg

Welcome back. I had an 8th gen coupe before it got totaled by hail damage and I got into a 9th gen coupe. Always loved the sedans though because they got all the really good type r goodies. Look forward to seeing the progress.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Had other priorities I had to deal with, but now have a bit of a car budget set aside every month.

So total mod list is as follows:

MB Wheels Weapon 16x7
Speed Daddy SRI
JET Performance Power-Flo Mass Airflow sensor
Weapon R i-Throttle controller
Custom axle-back muffler delete
Spec-D Tuning LED Halo Projector headlights
Anodized blue locking lug nuts
Window sunshades (allow windows to roll down while retaining protection from the sun)
Custom R18 lettering on trunk
i-VTEC SOHC decals
various other decals
Generic Dashcam
Garmin Bluetooth GPS

20160815_144157.jpg

Sounds like you're back on track, car looks great!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks. Not going to go as nuts as I did when I did 15 years ago with my Jetta when I was actively racing, but it will be a fun car. Like my shirt says "My car was built with passion & not for your approval"

Back