Hey, I'm making the jump.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
So I'm comin' over too. It just seems more lively here. In any case despite not having a 9th, yet?, hopefully I can contribute some useful stuff again. Thanks and hello again.

Current ride:

p1000696p.jpg

welcome to the site. Do you have a list of mods you've done?

Thanks guys!

mods since purchase last November... car feels zippy and light but not fast although 38+MPG consistently.

2008 LX

Exterior:
Summer: Konig Feathers Gold 17x7.5 +45 (17lbs for a 17" not bad for cheap)
Dunlop Direzza DZ101 225/40/17
Winter: Steels with Dunlop Graspic ds-2 snow tires 205/55/16
Customlightz RX330 Projector Retrofit w/color mod
Blue LEDs around high beams, CCFL around projectors w/kill switch (illegal color haha)
Bronze Vein powdercoated rear drums
EBC slotted front rotors
Hawk HPS brake shoes

Engine:
NST r18 pulley kit
"custom" intake - removed resonator added piping, sealed area for no hydrolock - similar to CAI but w/stock airbox and K&N drop in - CFM rating is around 500, more than enough on a 1.8L
HFP axle back

Suspension:
Eibach Prokit
Koni Yellows
Progress RSB with: Reinforcement plates & Si frame brackets to eliminate r18 accessory hardware

Planned for after winter:
Hondata?
Full Race traction balls
Camber bolts
Camber arms
carbon dress up parts here and there
Full race turbo kit IF i move to vegas in the spring?

Misc:

LED strip in trunk
LED dome/maps
Painted plastic engine parts, valve cover, air box, fuse box, plastic sides of bay held in place with PWJDM washers

drumcomparison2.jpg

Welcome to the site. Nice projectors.

what kind of gains have people shown with the r18 and flashpro? hondata's site has no review info... just curious as to how much improvement people have seen on 8th (if you know)

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah username is reaaaally similar, I didn't get the one I wanted on 8th and I didn't erase all of the first one so it says RIPNix over there. Same avatar.

As far as FP goes, a lot of people said they were going to buy it when it came out but not a lot of people did. It was hard to find any thread with real results in it. I was able to find that the r18's were hitting between 110-125ish whp and 100-115tq completely stock.

A guy with an auto r18: cai, p2r tbs, megan header, megan downpipe, and vibrant exhaust and hondata got 138.3whp/127.6tq
Dyno was done on a hot day (85+) so I think he could probably hit over 140 easy.
Manual R18s were ballparking 140's to the wheels with an intake and tune. Full bolt-ons and tune may get that up in the mid 150's to close to 160 if you are lucky.

I think the main reason to get FP would be for the issues it resolves in terms of rough idle, poor throttle response, rev-hang, A/T hesistation, and that sort of thing. Tha's why im interested in it. I have a few minor complaints with the response of the car and gear shift hesistation/uncertainty. The car can't decide what gear it wants to be in.

I did notice a huge improvement when I pulled the intake resonator. Car settled down a lot and it doesn't downshift as much going up slight inclines anymore. Also it growls before it downshifts now and holds off on the shift much longer than before without losing speed. I couldn't believe the improvement for a "free" mod. It's also dead quiet just around town, which I like.

you're describing some of the downfalls to the automatic transmission. Not that the manual is perfect, but still. Interesting to see the gains on the hondata.

Welcome!!! Your current ride looks pretty sweet. Taffeta ftw! Nice projectors as well..said that to a girl at the bar one time, I am sure i would have got slapped if she got it :P

Back