Hey, I'm making the jump.

I did notice a huge improvement when I pulled the intake resonator. Car settled down a lot and it doesn't downshift as much going up slight inclines anymore. Also it growls before it downshifts now and holds off on the shift much longer than before without losing speed. I couldn't believe the improvement for a "free" mod. It's also dead quiet just around town, which I like.
Very interesting. I have noticed the exact same thing with my 2012 LX when going up hills. It seems that the car recognizes when going up hill and then downshifts and stays there no matter how much speed you gain. I am considering doing the resonator delete.

Last edited:
Very interesting. I have noticed the exact same thing with my 2012 LX when going up hills. It seems that the car recognizes when going up hill and then downshifts and stays there no matter how much speed you gain. I am considering doing the resonator delete.

Considering? Why haven't you done it yet?

Considering? Why haven't you done it yet?
Nervous about water getting in. I live in Quebec and theres a lot of slush in the looooong winter months. Been reading the DIY and everyone is saying that it stays bone dry though.

Nervous about water getting in. I live in Quebec and theres a lot of slush in the looooong winter months. Been reading the DIY and everyone is saying that it stays bone dry though.

I live in a major lake effect snow area off of Lake Michigan and never had a problem with the slush last winter. Nor none of the crazy amounts of rain we had this past year. You'll be fine unless your car is completely submerged more than a foot...at which point you may have other problems as well.

In my opinion the best approach would be to make a tube to connect the two halves of the intake when you remove the resonator, therefore you wouldn't have an issue with water.

Back