HFP Ambient Lighting

Dubby

Keswick, Ontario
Vehicle Model
HFP
Can HFP owners please respond to this. I am the proud owner of an HFP and was wondering, are there any other HFP owners that do not have ambient lighting in their car? I didn't even know HFP's were suppose to have this until a few minutes a go I read AlienPrime's post on his build and saw that he mentioned about ambient lighting coming with the HFP's. I quickly looked under my dash for this lghiting and do not see any lighting nor do i have a switch to turn on any ambient lighting.

Can HFP owners please respond to this. I am the proud owner of an HFP and was wondering, are there any other HFP owners that do not have ambient lighting in their car? I didn't even know HFP's were suppose to have this until a few minutes a go I read AlienPrime's post on his build and saw that he mentioned about ambient lighting coming with the HFP's. I quickly looked under my dash for this lghiting and do not see any lighting nor do i have a switch to turn on any ambient lighting.

Do you still have the dealer sticker? Does it list out each piece of the HFP package separately? As far as I can gather, the HFP packages are installed by dealers. It could be that the dealer choose to forgo installing the ambient lighting.

Can they just chose not to install a part of the package? I mean they told me there are only 400 of these in Canada and there was only mine and one other left in Ontario for sale. So obviously it's a limited edition so how can you just decide not to install a part of the HFP package and yet sell it as a HFP. The lighting is another part of the interior that is suppose to seperate it from the regular Si's

snipped from the press release -
Limited to only 500 complete kits and on sale today at Honda dealers in the U.S., the package includes: high-performance springs, reducing ride height by 15 mm; high-performance dampers tuned for enhanced road handling and decreased body roll; 18x7 inch HFP Alloy Wheels; full HFP aerodynamic body kit; HFP carpet floor mats; red ambient interior illumination; and, HFP emblems. All of the painted parts will come color-matched to each of the seven available Civic Si Coupe colors.
give your dealership a call & report back

snipped from the press release -

give your dealership a call & report back

Isn't it going to depend on when he purchased his car? Did they not make all parts available for purchase individually?

If he has the hfp civic, he'd have all of the items. A dealer could have installed a body kit & some wheels or whatever, but he wouldn't be one of the 500 kits. The floor mats/badges and whatnot took forever to be released. I guess they could mimic the hfp, but they shouldn't be selling it as one...if it isn't.

Well all hell is going to break loose at my dealership tomorrow. I'm going to contact Honda Canada about this. They sold it to me as an HFP and gave me the whole speech about there are only 400 in Canada and there was only 2 left in Ontario and mine was one of them. Don't get me wrong it has everything it's suppose to, suspension, rims, tires, skirt package, mats and all the badges, the only thing that it doesn't have is the lighting. Also my insurance only says Civic Si 2 door coupe. I thought it was kind of weird that there was a complete set of regular Si mats and mud gaurds in the trunk still in plastic. Oh my are they gonna regret this. The kicker is I bought this car in October along with a 2013 CRV and they be f*#king me? I will not post the dealership's name until I've given them a chance to fix this.............I'll post some pics when they've installed the lighting.......

P.S. Alien Prime I use to have a 94 Mustang GT 5.0 H.O. also ;P

Well all hell is going to break loose at my dealership tomorrow. I'm going to contact Honda Canada about this. They sold it to me as an HFP and gave me the whole speech about there are only 400 in Canada and there was only 2 left in Ontario and mine was one of them. Don't get me wrong it has everything it's suppose to, suspension, rims, tires, skirt package, mats and all the badges, the only thing that it doesn't have is the lighting. Also my insurance only says Civic Si 2 door coupe. I thought it was kind of weird that there was a complete set of regular Si mats and mud gaurds in the trunk still in plastic. Oh my are they gonna regret this. The kicker is I bought this car in October along with a 2013 CRV and they be f*#king me? I will not post the dealership's name until I've given them a chance to fix this.............I'll post some pics when they've installed the lighting.......

P.S. Alien Prime I use to have a 94 Mustang GT 5.0 H.O. also ;P

I'm guessing you'll get the lights. Lol.

So I just read the link you posted AP and it appears all the HFP kits were installed at the dealership and that the vins on them were just regular Si 2 door coupe like mine is...so now i'm just confused as to why yours comes up like that with insurance and mine doesn't. Anyways the HFP is suppose to have the lighting and they said this is a a legit HFP so they are sure as hell going to put my lighting in.

Sounds like they didn't put the lighting in. I'd complain if you paid for the package, they should include the lights with it. If they only put together the lip kit and wheels, then well, you could put in the lighting kit, but honestly it's not very bright. AP could tell you that and how to make your car glow red!

yes all 3 are blocked
sounds like you bought a regular coupe that had some HFP accessories installed. Does it have the HFP badges on the trunklid and side skirts? those were only available with the whole package installed

Like I said it has everything, suspension, rims, tires, skirts, badges, mats it's just missing the lighting. Don't even know if i'd actually turn the lighting on but I paid for a HFP so it better have everything that came with the HFP.

Like I said it has everything, suspension, rims, tires, skirts, badges, mats it's just missing the lighting. Don't even know if i'd actually turn the lighting on but I paid for a HFP so it better have everything that came with the HFP.

Def raise hell!! I have it on all the time. It's a light glow in the footwells. Probably would be cool to shoot video at night with all the fancy footwork and the red lighting.

As far as I am aware, in the US they made 500 HFPs available in any colour and included the red illumination. In Canada they made 200 White and 200 Black HFPs and i don't think they were advertised as a standard feature but an add-on. I have it in mine (but thrown in for free)

2012 Honda Civic Si HFP.png

So i just got off the phone with Honda Canada and they gave me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth (even though I can't handle the truth!). The HFP Package includes the following: Suspension Upgrade, Rims, Tires, Skirt Package, Mats and Badges. The ambient lighting is NOT part of the HFP package. They said it was something the individual dealers opted to put on themselves. Also they said that my VIN Number comes up as a Si 2 Door Coupe because there isn't any special registration for the HFP's. So if I go to the dealership and raise hell now I'll just end up looking like a jackass because it's not actually part of the HFP package set by Honda.....they just took all the wind out of my sails and ruined my fun for the day. I was so looking forward to tearing a strip of the dealership for f*@king me too. Well at least I can still have a little faith in them i guess LOL

Was just looking at your Signature sp2012 and you have the HFP package info from the Honda site i asume and it doesn't mention the lighting there either....I got a poor man's HFP...A POOR MAN'S!..... damn it! I might as well rip my Honda badges off and put KIA ones on :(

I guess you could always mention that other dealers included it and that you're disappointed that they didn't. Maybe they'll work something out for you. Worth a shot.

Back