HFP Ambient Lighting

They won't work anything out for me I'm pretty sure they don't like me already lol. My drivers door was hitting the skirt when you opened it and it tore a piece of the rubber seal off the skirt about 2 inches long. it was hanging off so I brought it back to have the skirt adjusted and told them to fix the rubber seal. I got it back and they just jammed the piece into the crack and tried to make it look like nothing happened so I told them it was unacceptable and made them replace the whole skirt. Also made them do a four wheel alignment while it was there because my steering wheel was a little off. Before all this I had the wife's and my car in for winter tires and rims on two different occasions so I'm sure they're probably sick of looking at me by now lol :D

so, maybe this was a thing for the US only? I'm seeing US press releases showing ambient lighting mentioned

Today at the 2011 SEMA show, the company unveiled the Honda Factory Peformance (HFP) package.

The HFP package includes stiffer lowering springs, higher-performance dampers, 18x7-inch wheels, a full body kit, HFP floor mats, red ambient lighting, and HFP badges. The package will be available through dealers in all seven standard Civic Si colors.

Only 500 kits will be offered, however, and the order books opened today, so if you're in possession of a 2012 Civic Si or had been thinking about ordering one, you might want to throw in the HFP package right now--or it'll be too late.

on some canadian websites, I'm seeing it WITHOUT ambient lighting mentioned.

HFP upgrades focus on improved handling
Using parts that already existed in Honda Canada's aftermarket catalog, the HFP Civic primarily focuses on styling and handling improvements. Added to the Coupe (you can't get an HFP Sedan) is a specific suspension kit, 18-inch alloy wheels with Michelin Super Sport performance tires, an aggressive body skirt package, plus HFP exterior badging and interior floor mats.
Honda Canada says the $4,006.68 the HFP package commands over the $25,990 Civic Si is a 50 per cent discount compared to a customer having the pieces installed at their local Honda dealer.
no mention of ambient lighting.

so I looked up the 2012's info on honda's site for the USA (2013's don't list an option for hfp packages)

Right hand side - it shows ambient lighting included

US.sized.png

=====
=====
=====
I cannot find a spot on the Canada site to add a HPF kit. It has a bunch of individual accessory options to add, but I cannot find a "kit" to see what it includes.

Maybe someone else from Canada can chime in.

I looked on the Canadian site also and it's no longer on there. 2013 doesn't have the HFP option. So some of us Canadian's got the ambient lighting and the rest of us poor bastards (or poor bastard cuz I think I'm the only one) did not....Oh well I'm not about to spend $229 on lighting for my feet. ;)

I looked on the Canadian site also and it's no longer on there. 2013 doesn't have the HFP option. So some of us Canadian's got the ambient lighting and the rest of us poor bastards (or poor bastard cuz I think I'm the only one) did not....Oh well I'm not about to spend $229 on lighting for my feet. ;)

But it looks so good. Maybe talk to your dealer to see if they'll split the difference with you since every other HFP in Canada has it.

Hello Fellow Canadian Poor Man's HFP'er . I like you bought one of the (400) Canadian HFP's, my car came without the Red Ambient lighting kit as well.
I did not receive the original floor mats in the trunk of my car, but i did talk them into giving me the original wheels and tires that originally shipped on the car.My theory was i paid for the car with wheels as well as paying for the HFP package that included another set of wheels, they agreed and now i have my Stock si wheels on the car while it is parked and the HFP wheels in the basement.

I do know of one other HFP in Winnipeg here and know that he didn't receive the lighting kit as well so don't feel as you are the only one, i think whoever it was that received the light kit was just lucky

Can HFP owners please respond to this. I am the proud owner of an HFP and was wondering, are there any other HFP owners that do not have ambient lighting in their car? I didn't even know HFP's were suppose to have this until a few minutes a go I read AlienPrime's post on his build and saw that he mentioned about ambient lighting coming with the HFP's. I quickly looked under my dash for this lghiting and do not see any lighting nor do i have a switch to turn on any ambient lighting.
Ya mine came without the ambient lighting as well.... the dealer installed it for me at cost.... but I was wondering about the original rims and tires that came with the SI .... I was told mine came with the HFP rims & tires already installed so I wasn't given the originals...... anyone else told the same ???

The difference between HFP civics and HFP accessories sold is one is do e at the dealership and the other is done at the factory.

Back