HFP Body kit 2012's

Intrepid

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si HFP
Anyone else having problems with the body kits falling off ?

bought the car in april 12, drivers side body kit had come away from the body at the top on the side skirts and was loose in the front, had the dealer replace it under warranty in Aug 13
Passenger side same thing was literally flapping in the wind in the front of the side skirt had it replaced at the dealer in Aug 14
now the drivers side is loose at the front and has pulled away under the door and has a 1/4 gap that is about a foot long.

Car has 30,000 kms never been winter driven, honda canada is trying to make a decision on if they are going to replace it again under good will since it is just out of warranty now,body kit only has a 3 year warranty on it and apparently isn't covered by the honda plus warranty 7/130,000 kms

this seems ridiculous to me !

That's actually insane to me. I could see it getting loose once or something, but you're not having any luck it seems. You're not even located in a hot/humid location which would potentially make the tape start to come off. I wonder if they're prepping and cleaning the surface with some type of cleaner that isn't good for the tape? They should be using something like rubbing alcohol or whatever to clean & dry the surface prior to installing the tape.

What @webby said, If there's a "tape kit"(made for the parts), I'd get that. If not just buy a roll of some 3-M tape the right width/& thickness that suits the application. Peel and clean the parts and car till it is absolutely smooth and clean, then Rubbing alcohol.

Apply the tape to the parts, then start at one end and peel the skin off that end to start, and keep peeling as you line up the part. You'll want to do it on a hot day, And it would also help if you have a hair dryer to help with softening the glue(sticky-tape). and when finished with any part while warm apply pressure.

I've done lots of things this way and never had anything come loose(example: Jeep with 140,000 miles 18 years).

Yup. Mine was purchased in February 2012 and it's been a continuing saga for me. Just get yourself some 3M tape and do the work yourself. I even have an extra set of side skirts.

i gotta bring mine in also its the second time its happen to me in two years. seeing your from winnipeg also who are you going to? birchwood or Winnipeg? but i drive my car all year round

Back