Hi...quick question

npl_texas

Hey guys, brand new here, stumbled across this forum thought maybe you guys could help. I have a 2012 coupe ex and I got into a little fender bender. Basically all I'm looking for is to replace the hood, and have it match of course. The place that the insurance company sent me to wants $1600, which I think is a little steep. I don't know much about cars but thought maybe you guys would have some input. Thanks in advance for any advice.

yeah, you'll need to take it to a body shop. They can get you a price on a hood/paint. If I had to guess, I'd say around $550 if there is really nothing else damaged. You didn't get any damage to the bumper/grill or anything else?

well scratch my estimate. It says ~$130 for shipping that hood to me. Maybe a body shop can source it cheaper, or not charge that much? You're looking at basically $500 for just the part/shipping from that site.

Thanks guys. The damage is relatively minimal. I was going less than 5mph. I hit the spare tire on the back of a jeep. The grill and emblem are pushed in slightly. Again, I appreciate the advice and info.

sorry to hear. I'd take the car to some local shops to get estimates, and go from there. Let us know

Hope it is OK to resurrect this thread. It is not too old. I need to replace my hood and saw on some of the honda parts sites multiple numbers. On the hondaparts.com there are 12 US hoods for my VIN. At least a few sites only list two. How does one tell what to fit? They have either of these part numbers. Also there are different origins. Like CN1, CN2 and US1.

60100-TR0-A90ZZ
60100-TR3-A90ZZ

Oh I hit a deer. Only the hood and FRAME SET, FR. BULKHEAD (UPPER) were damaged. I can replace the parts and get it painted but want to get estimates from the body shop.

the 2012 hood is interchangeable between coupes/sedans and trim levels etc. So any 2012 hood will fit properly.

Back