Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

Put the type r drivetrain, suspension and brakes in my eg. Then we’ll talk.

I can understand the argument, but I like my creature comforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re all wrong.....all the Type R goodies need to go into and EK hatch. Along with 2 racing buckets and a roll cage, strip everything else out.

The Honda Civic Type R is now the fastest production FWD car on the Nurburgring, Spa-Francorchamps, Hungaroring, Silverstone and Estoril.

Honda has bagged yet another track record with the latest Civic Type R, this time at Portugal’s Estoril race track.

View: https://youtu.be/VfmImGYRhW4

In the hands of the company’s WTCR driver Tiago Monteiro, the compact hot hatch completed the 4.2km (2.6mi) long circuit, with its two hairpins, a chicane and a long main straight, in 2 minutes and 01.84 seconds.

Commenting on the achievement, Tiago Monteiro said: “We came here with a goal to beat the existing lap record set by the previous car, but you never take anything for granted – I mean it’s a lap record, so it’s no easy feat. You have to have supreme confidence in the car to attack around Estoril, and the new Type R is just so powerful, smooth and confidence-inspiring. We beat the lap record, smashed the record actually.”

Previous lap records for the fastest production front-wheel drive car were set by the Honda Civic Type R at Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps and Hungaroring. Also, the Japanese hot hatch still holds on to the Nurburgring crown, but that record could be shattered soon, by the newly introduced Renault Megane RS Trophy.

When they’re not looking for new tracks to unleash the Civic Type R, Honda's engineers and designers are working on a facelifted version of the car. Spied testing earlier this month, the hot hatch will come with some styling updates on the outside and improvements to the interior.

It’s possible that the company’s engineers will also massage the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine to produce a bit more over the current output of 310PS (306hp / 228kW) and 400Nm (295lb-ft) of torque.

I saw a red Type R at my local dealer the other day. The red looks so good in person. Still wouldn't buy one until they stop overcharging for them.

saw quite a few that were selling at msrp on autotrader this last week.

Back