Honda drops the "Accord" name, and adds more features to Crosstour

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Honda drops the "Accord" name, and adds more features to Crosstour

xtourx_wide_community.jpg

Faced with slow sales, Honda is adding some tweaks and giving its novel car-like crossover a new name.
The Accord Crosstour becomes, simply, the Crosstour. In case you don't remember this one, this is the boxy, hatchback version of the Accord. It's more upscale stablemate, the Acura ZDX, hasn't exactly set sales charts on fire either.

Honda sold 1,477 Crosstours last month. The 11,518 Crosstours sold so far this year is about equal to the number of Rogue crossovers that Nissan sold in a single month, July. Only 102 ZDXs were sold last month.

To help the Crosstour perform in showrooms, not just on the road, Honda is giving it more features for 2012 -- a standard rear-view camera, Bluetooth hands-free communications and a USB audio interface.

We suspect Honda is a little perplexed about why this model hasn't performed better. Its 3.5-liter V-6 engine produces 271 horsepower and 18 miles a gallon in the city, 26 mpg on the highway. Cylinders shut off when they aren't needed.

======

We suspect Honda is a little perplexed about why this model hasn't performed better.

:bananapoke:

• Staff
I think I've seen 1 crosstour driving around in wild, outside car shows. one

If I had to choose in this affordable crossover categeory, I'd get a Venza, looks 10x better and rides like a damn Lexus....

there's a bunch of Crosstours here in Orlando. i typically see like 4-5 each morning on my way 32 miles on the hwy to work.

and i'm guaranteed to see at least ONE per day in my own garage. mom's Polished Metal Metallic '10 Crosstour 2WD EX-L NAVI. i LOVE the way it looks and how it handles. very well put together. the look takes some growing on you. its a 3-yr lease anyway. so it's whatever.

i will say the EX is blahhh. the EX-L is better in every conceivable way.

1st "mod" was to remove the "Accord" badge upon arrival home from the dealership. nice to see American Honda has followed suit 2 yrs later on their '12 models. *whew!*

The reason why Honda's sales are bad is because they have lost touch with the consumer. When will they realize this? Playing it safe only works for so long. I'm grossly disappointed in Honda and will not return as an owner until they pull their corporate heads out of their asses.

Yeah in 2015 when sales drop so low they get desperate and start grasping for straws.

Last report I saw said they were the 4th largest automaker by sales figures.

Back