Honda-Fan's Silver Machine

@Honda-Fan - How's the CF holding up in the cold temps?

It's holding pretty well! I need to clear the road ice residue off of it in short order; I don't want it to eat away the UV coating. I'm going back and forth over getting one of those trunk brace things. I have a few tight corners on the commute that I think it could come in clutch for.

It's holding pretty well! I need to clear the road ice residue off of it in short order; I don't want it to eat away the UV coating. I'm going back and forth over getting one of those trunk brace things. I have a few tight corners on the commute that I think it could come in clutch for.
:cheerleader::driving::eekdancesmiley:

Do it! :)

Hey everyone!

I did another thing--

Sickspeed sells an auto-trans shiftball adapter thingy, and I decided to give it a shot. It works well!

...But my choice of topper did not work well. I got the brass knuckle topper, which is too bulky to sit in the parked position for Automatic 9ths. On top of that, the threading inside the topper was weird, and it only tightened to face backwards-- which really was the only way it fit, but still. As cool as the combo still looked, I didn't feel like dealing with the 'You know that's backwards' comments when ANYONE got in.

PXL_20220508_212008035.MP.jpg

So, I ordered a replacement-- and now I'm entitled to a wish from Shenron once I collect the other 6 Dragon Balls. Overall, I really like it.

PXL_20220508_215704524.jpg

Removing the old shifter is easy after you pop off the little trigger guard piece with a wedge (pull forward when you do) . I used a Menda Tool #35622 to do the job.

Hey everyone!

I did another thing--

Sickspeed sells an auto-trans shiftball adapter thingy, and I decided to give it a shot. It works well!

...But my choice of topper did not work well. I got the brass knuckle topper, which is too bulky to sit in the parked position for Automatic 9ths. On top of that, the threading inside the topper was weird, and it only tightened to face backwards-- which really was the only way it fit, but still. As cool as the combo still looked, I didn't feel like dealing with the 'You know that's backwards' comments when ANYONE got in.

View attachment 64706

So, I ordered a replacement-- and now I'm entitled to a wish from Shenron once I collect the other 6 Dragon Balls. Overall, I really like it.

View attachment 64707

Removing the old shifter is easy after you pop off the little trigger guard piece with a wedge (pull forward when you do) . I used a Menda Tool #35622 to do the job.
How does that work without the oem button to change from say park to reverse or drive?

How does that work without the oem button to change from say park to reverse or drive?

You just push down on it -- you really don't even need a shifter at all, as the engagement piece just sticks up from the exposed stem when the shifter is removed. It's kind of this little yellow plunger-looking thing. All this does is give you something to push with.

I'm posting these numbers here for myself and maybe for anyone else who discovers they have a part mismatch like I do:

575mm (Pass) 76623-SNA-A12
700mm is (Driver) 76622-SYV-A02

In the process of changing my blade inserts, I discovered my passenger assembly is apparently off a Civic Sedan of the same year, so it's slightly shorter than normal, I guess. I'm too lazy to change it to the correct housing for what is a negligible amount of wiper real-estate, so I just rolled with what I've got.

Back