Honda Power(me) vs...my Boss!!

StevenVteC2.4life

Hello Guys, new to the forums but longtime Honda Fan!! I recently purchased a new 2014 Honda Si fully loaded and I'm enjoying every second I get to drive it. Taking this badboi to redline and hearing vtec scream is intoxicating. Now the dillema... My boss whom I work for in a business firm recently acquired an Audi S4 and he can't stop bragging about it. Says its quite fast and all. My question is do I have a chance at beating it from a roll? I plan on going fbo soon as the mod bug bites.. What do you all think?
-VtecYo!!

Welcome to the site, glad you''re loving the car. Keep it safe and if your boss has the $$ to pay for a night of runs, tell him you'll gladly race him, at the track! Keep the racing on the race track and be safe and smart on the street.

PS, the Civic punches way above its weight class but that S4 is no joke. If you get boosted in the future, then maybe, but for just bolt ons, nah. He's gonna win.

There's lots of help to be had here. Just let us know what path you want to take and people will help guide you with the appropriate mods.

For example: don't waste your $$ on an RBC intake manifold unless you're absolutely going the turbo route later on.

However, Hondata Flashpro and a good downpipe/exhaust combo is a great place to start. Best bang for the buck power wise.

Thanks for the replies guys! Iknow the S4 has a kick but the SI is no joke either I wonder how Il fare against him (with full bolt ons). We plan on going to Infineon raceway I wonder what we both will run. He might just do a ecu mod. Can't wait for this to go down

Motortrend said they ran a 13.0 quarter mile in the s4. You'd need boost to get to those figures. Bolt-on si figures are more like 14.1.

He has the newer model B8 I believe. I did some research and found out the new model is a V6 compared to last gems model which was a v8. Hahaha who would buy a newer car with less power? 333vs 340

Even if you can/could win over your boss, he is your boss........ Why would you want to beat him?
Now that you've got yourself into this race, it's your choice of course, but beating ones boss couldn't be a good thing.

He's a cool guy, I'm 23 hears old. He's 45 but he's a real down to Earth guy and loves cars as much as I do. He's also an Audi/ Porsche guy buy heart. Hey if he beats me that bad he might think of giving me a raise ☺ who knows.
And all I have on the car is an Invidia catback along with a cold air intake

Back