hondata Help!!!

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I am trying to upload a Tune to my car and for some reason. My car will not take the tune and will not start. I have tried unplugging the battery and even tried returning the car back to factory but it will not start( it won't even try and turn over).
And now if I only plug the hondata in without a lap top it won't even try and load anything. The only thing it will do is flash the green power light.
Has anyone ran into this issue before or know a solution to this?

Is your battery dead on the car itself? You have a multimeter that you can test it?

It should not be I just drove home and tried it. But now I know i am probably close to it being dead

I got a volt testing thing but I don't even know how to use it. As far as what to set it on

This is the one I have

Attachments

• WP_20150522_00_47_58_Raw.jpg
    WP_20150522_00_47_58_Raw.jpg
    658.2 KB · Views: 26
move your meter to the 2nd setting up from what it's at now for direct current. The "V" with the dotted line.... and solid line above it.

___
- - -
V .......<---- It'll look like that symbol

then set the leads on the positive and negative terminal to the battery like so -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtqJBg5f0D4

I just push started it. Lol worked perfectly. Thanks for the help I was afraid it was something worse then the battery.

Problem being, that just enables you to start the car. It doesn't tell you if you have a dead battery. Do you have a trickle charger or anything?

No not at my current house I know since I installed the skunk2 CAI and had to relocate my battery the positive is kinda lose from where the cable was tight

I loaded my next tune and my car started right up. I think I just drained the battery. I tried loading the tune a few times before it would not take it at all.

I'd go for a drive or keep the car running for a while to charge the battery or it may not start in the morning for you

Yeah I drove around for about 20 minutes to let my battery recharge. I got lucky to have a long down hill drive way to get it push started.

Back