Hondata not working please help

Quick question can anyone tell me what a knock means ?
Knocking (also called knock, detonation, spark knock, pinging or pinking) in spark-ignition internal combustion engines occurs when combustion of the air/fuel mixture in the cylinder starts off correctly in response to ignition by the spark plug, but one or more pockets of air/fuel mixture explode outside the envelope of the normal combustion front.

The fuel-air charge is meant to be ignited by the spark plug only, and at a precise point in the piston's stroke. Knock occurs when the peak of the combustion process no longer occurs at the optimum moment for the four-stroke cycle. The shock wave creates the characteristic metallic "pinging" sound, and cylinder pressure increases dramatically. Effects of engine knocking range from inconsequential to completely destructive.

Knocking should not be confused with pre-ignition – they are two separate events. However, pre-ignition is usually followed by knocking.

Hey George, I hope this clears some things up for you and gives you a better understanding of the term. Have a good rest of your day.

Knocking (also called knock, detonation, spark knock, pinging or pinking) in spark-ignition internal combustion engines occurs when combustion of the air/fuel mixture in the cylinder starts off correctly in response to ignition by the spark plug, but one or more pockets of air/fuel mixture explode outside the envelope of the normal combustion front.
The fuel-air charge is meant to be ignited by the spark plug only, and at a precise point in the piston's stroke. Knock occurs when the peak of the combustion process no longer occurs at the optimum moment for the four-stroke cycle. The shock wave creates the characteristic metallic "pinging" sound, and cylinder pressure increases dramatically. Effects of engine knocking range from inconsequential to completely destructive.
Knocking should not be confused with pre-ignition – they are two separate events. However, pre-ignition is usually followed by knocking.

So that's what it means for hondata
So how would I know when it's getting to critical?
Should I be worried about the knocks that hondata is displaying?
Thanks for the help guys

Hey George, If you're tuning with Vit from what I've seen and heard even though I haven't with him yet but hopefully will soon. I'm sure you'll be in good hands and you won't have to be concerned because he'll figure all that out for you. I wish you good luck and fun on the road with the times ahead. Let me know how it goes if you don't mind. I'm curious to see how things are once everything gets figured out.

Hey George, If you're tuning with Vit from what I've seen and heard even though I haven't with him yet but hopefully will soon. I'm sure you'll be in good hands and you won't have to be concerned because he'll figure all that out for you. I wish you good luck and fun on the road with the times ahead. Let me know how it goes if you don't mind. I'm curious to see how things are once everything gets figured out.
Yea in getting tuned by vit, the logs r fun and he explains things we'll

thanks for the heads up George... I'm excited to have mine dialed in as well and that 1st drive after will be awesome. I'm excited for you George.. so keep in touch and let me know how things are going... of course that's if you don't mind. From my interactions with Vit he is a very chill guy. I take it the avatar is your ride? If so is it your 1st Honda or si?

thanks for the heads up George... I'm excited to have mine dialed in as well and that 1st drive after will be awesome. I'm excited for you George.. so keep in touch and let me know how things are going... of course that's if you don't mind. From my interactions with Vit he is a very chill guy. I take it the avatar is your ride? If so is it your 1st Honda or si?
Yea no problem, and yea it's my first honda/si I got it as a grad gift and I've had fun with it since

You must have done well in school.. excuse me mr smarty pants... he he... nice action. Nice choice on being black as well... so is mine. It's more work a black car but when it's clean it looks like liquid metal. You have the nav package?

You must have done well in school.. excuse me mr smarty pants... he he... nice action. Nice choice on being black as well... so is mine. It's more work a black car but when it's clean it looks like liquid metal. You have the nav package?
Lol no it was a high school gift, the black does look nice but I don't like how the paint shows small scratches and rock chips easily. No I didn't want it

I'm sure you didn't get bad grades. It's ok being smart... it only becomes a problem when the wrong person knows. I definitely hear you on the scratches. You'll become a better detailer though and be so much more cautious about anything or anyone touching your car. Don't you just hate when you're doing a nice cleaning and it seems as if an alien just teleported down scratched it while you were getting a bottle of water because you see a mark that you'd swear wasn't there before and then start to ***** and wonder how the hell it got there. Just curious.. what do use if anything for scratches? I use scratch dr by new finish... it's ok but I'm still on the look out for something better. I usually have an arrangement at my shop for that stuff. If you ask me about other cleaning stuff I can help for sure. Just to tell you... there is a recall on our cars for the paint on the hood... so smile you might get a free paint job. I've had the same thing on 1 of my civics before without the recall and even was told by some family and friends not to bother and bother I did and got a free hood painting with no recall because I knew that there was paint defect and just to tell you there are more paint defects other than just the hood which I will be bugging about again at 1 point.

Last edited:
Yea I defenetly know what you mean I just recently saw that on my rear bumper someone hit it and the paint chipped a little so I'm thinking about dipping the car for the mean time, I got a letter from honda letting me know and I saw it on a lot of pages but I haven't had any problems so far luckily

After all I write that's all you say... ShEeshhh... he he Don't you just love it when it's someone else who messes up your ride and not by your own hands. Dipping? please elaborate.

Lol sorry I was in a rush when I replied, but yea I do because people don't see how much you take care of it. Sometimes I'm even cautious about my friends leaning on my car because I feel like they would scratch it. Plastic-dip it's basically a removable paint that protects the original paint of the car.

Is this plastic dip stuff a new product or are you talking about a product called 3m. lol I don't allow leaning on it either. The main reason for that is people having steel buttons on pockets and those can leave some nasty scratches. Some belts can be bad as well... leaning on it just messes up the look especially if you've just waxed it. You let people smoke in the car?

No it's not really that new it's been out for a while it's a paint protector 3m is vinyl wrap but they have the same purpose. Yea I'm very picky about who can lean on my car only because I know that the people I trust won't damage my car, I do but only on long trips if it's close I don't

That's cool. You know what the name of that product is? I had to stop the smoking in my car before this 1 because all it takes is 1 burn in the wrong place and it looks like shiZz. It was either stop it all together or make people sign a waiver because I'm not going to pay for somones oops. he he For your smokers get them to buy an e cig vaporizer for those long trips and maybe they'll quit as well. I did.. I've been vaping for like 2 and a half years and love it. As for the leaning... most people that understand what it takes to get a car clean and looking sweet know not to lean, after all most of us have 2 feet and know how to stand on them without assistance... right.

I thought you forgot about me.. he he Have you ever tried vapping?/ e cig? How are the tuning sessions coming along?

Back