Hood spacers.

docFiend138

Fort Collins, Colorado
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
From what I understand they are pointless as far as function goes but I dig the look. Just curious about opinions and experience with hood spacers. If any has/had them and why or why not?

If you like it, just go to any home improvement store and buy the items. From another diy:

Went to Home Depot and picked up:
4 Nylon Spacers, 3/8" H x 1" OD x 0.375" ID
4 hex bolts, 6mm x 30mm
4 washers

Spent $3.57

Hood spacers serve no real function other than being astetically pleasing to some. If you like the look then go for it. My only concern would be the back of the hood will not seal against the weather strip and will allow additional water into the engine bay making it harder to keep clean and increasing the rate at which items will corrode especially in areas that are highly salted during the winter months.

If you like it, just go to any home improvement store and buy the items. From another diy:

Went to Home Depot and picked up:
4 Nylon Spacers, 3/8" H x 1" OD x 0.375" ID
4 hex bolts, 6mm x 30mm
4 washers

Spent $3.57
Is the diy on 9thcivic or somewhere else?

I mean.. do you actually NEED a DIY? They're washers and bolts.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It's just literally removing the oem hood bolts and placing the spacer on each side of the hood.

I suppose there is no NEED for a diy and it should be self explanatory. Sometimes it helps a bit to have a little insight into something even if it should be simple.

I think it looks like you hit something and the hood is buckled. But if you like the look, go for it. I would say do the home depot DIY version instead of paying someone for some bolts and machined aluminum spacers. There was a lot of discussion about it being a high pressure/low pressure air boundary area and wether or not creating that gap could improve cooling to the engine bay. I don't think anyone had a definitive answer.

If you do this, post a write up and some pics for us.

I think it looks like you hit something and the hood is buckled. But if you like the look, go for it. I would say do the home depot DIY version instead of paying someone for some bolts and machined aluminum spacers. There was a lot of discussion about it being a high pressure/low pressure air boundary area and wether or not creating that gap could improve cooling to the engine bay. I don't think anyone had a definitive answer.

If you do this, post a write up and some pics for us.
I will try to see if there is any legitimate effect on cooling. And post if I find anything. And it definitely seems like you either like it or hate it. I'm going to try it out and see.

Back