How fast were you going and how much jail time are you going to get?

kgf3076

Old, rude, and grumpy ex-track junkie.
NoVA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si (Daily Driver) - '08 S2000 (Big-boy toy)
Body Style
Coupe (Civic), CR (S2000)
Popular Mechanics gathered maximum speed limits and reckless driving thresholds for all 50 states and Puerto Rico. There are also pictures of state patrol cars so you know which state just gave you an opportunity to spend extra money on something you probably didn't want.

Read it HERE.

Tennessee
Max Highway Speed: 70 mph

Reckless Driving Threshold: none

Reckless Driving Mandatory Penalty: none; class B misdemeanor

Reckless Driving Maximum Penalty: 6 months imprisonment, $500 fine, license suspension

This is how we roll here in TN!!!

Least we forget............. there is a thing called multi or combined infractions.
That is if you get a speeding ticket + other infractions, can result as a reckless(like not signaling, following to close, changing lanes to often(Yep!)...... Just be aware........

Least we forget............. there is a thing called multi or combined infractions.
That is if you get a speeding ticket + other infractions, can result as a reckless(like not signaling, following to close, changing lanes to often(Yep!)...... Just be aware........
Yes. Been there. Speeding (33 in 30), tailgating (2.5 car lengths rather than 3), and failure to signal at protected left = infractions + reckless.

Resulted in 4 tickets and DA determining the officer was having a bad night - charges dropped.

Kentucky
Max Highway Speed: 70 mph

Careless/Reckless Driving Threshold: none

Careless/Reckless Driving Mandatory Penalty: none

Careless/Reckless Driving Maximum Penalty: $100 fine, 2-year license revocation

Hahahahah go as fast as you want and its $100! Maybe lose your license but hey only $100, thats less than some parking tickets I got back when I lived in NY.

Pennsylvania
Max Highway Speed: 65–70 mph

Excessive Speed Threshold: 31 mph above limit

Excessive Speed Mandatory Penalty: 15-day license suspension and/or special on-road driver’s examination

Reckless Driving Threshold: none

Reckless Driving Mandatory Penalty: 6-month license suspension

Reckless Driving Maximum Penalty: $200 fine, 6-month license suspension

Once, while traveling at over 130 mph with my wife, she said that I should imagine getting pulled over and getting a huge ticket. I said she should imagine me being handcuffed and then how she'll get home since she can't drive stick.

Regardless of what the law says in every state, I'm sure your insurance company would have a field day when they find out you got a hefty speeding ticket.

Back