How loud?

Bulkybear

So about a year or 2 ago I did a muffler delete. Just ran straight pipe with a tip for the axle back section. The rest is stock. I liked it for the longest time but I want something a little more quiet.

My question, since I can't hear all the exhaust options in person, is are exhausts like the tsudo, skunk2, and invidia N1 just as loud as a muffler delete?

I know the Q300 is quiet, but I do like some sound. Still may end up going with the Q300 or maybe even back to the stock axle back but having a perspective on how loud each exhaust setup is would be nice.

they have to be more quiet than just a straight pipe. The muffler has to be doing something on those setups. It just may not do a ton. Most tend to say all 3 are very close for loudness. Skunk2 is supposed to be a true 3" where the n1 & tsudo are 2.75". Vit has said for performance you want 3".

That's what I was thinking. Performance would probably be identical between all 3 and stock considering everything else is stock on my car. Still, I wonder how the noise levels of these exhausts compare to my muffler delete. I've heard N1 style mufflers that were pretty much just as loud as my muffler delete. And I heard one yesterday on an Eclipse that, while you could hear it, wasn't overly loud. To be honest I've been eyeing the Tsudo for a while now due to its price and being a catback.

Also, keep in mind even though I have a straight pipe axle back, I still have my stock piping, including the resonator.

I was saying performance would be best with the skunk2 since it's a 3" versus the 2.75" on the others. (acording to vit's tunes)

@squiggy has the "full" full race setup. His car is very tolerable to listen to. I think at WOT it gets loud but having been around it just driving from one place to another it was not too bad at all and that is a 3" exhaust as well. Nice sound too.

Keep in mind I also have the Full-Race downpipe as well. So, if he does get a Full-Race exhaust, it wold not be as loud as mine.

Let me tell you this, I have the N1 with the full race catless dp. It is SO loud at start up, and then in vtec good lord it screams. But I love the rumble, it sounds a lot like a subaru

@squiggy has the "full" full race setup. His car is very tolerable to listen to. I think at WOT it gets loud but having been around it just driving from one place to another it was not too bad at all and that is a 3" exhaust as well. Nice sound too.
Mine is loud as all gettyup with a full catless Full Race setup...and blower... Even just cruising. I'm definitely not sneaking up on anyone and if I had to freeway drive much it may annoy me. If I have to be quiet, I short shift and stay off the gas pedal...

Have any of you guys heard a muffler delete? Wondering how the volume compares between the 2

Just installed my exhaust from Ultimate Racing on my Si last night. Surprisingly its a nice balance of tone and volume. Not loud when driving around town or cruising on the highway but it will certainly up in volume once vtec kicks in. If it means anything, my Dad even likes the exhaust on my car. He hates the one on my Ninja... Which is stupidly loud. My Ninja wakes the neighbors up in the morning for sure.

The catless down pipes are where a lot if volume comes from for sure. I put my cat back on first and it wasn't so bad... I do wake my neighbors... Fortunately just the teens as the adults are all up well before I leave in the morning!

Back