How to remove spoiler?

ThatOneKid

Hey guys how do you remove the spoiler on a 2015 civic si coupe not a fan of how it looks thanks.

There should be 4 bolts that you can remove roughly where the spoiler mounts to the deck. You will need to remove those and also disconnect the electrical connection for the 3rd brake light. You will be left with a decent size hole in the deck lid from the wiring harness that you will need to plug or water will leak into the trunk. Also you will no longer have a 3rd brake light which is illegal in most places.

exploded diagram of the spoiler assembly/trunk. You'll end up with holes in your trunk if you'd remove it.

==========
spoiler.png

There should be 4 bolts that you can remove roughly where the spoiler mounts to the deck. You will need to remove those and also disconnect the electrical connection for the 3rd brake light. You will be left with a decent size hole in the deck lid from the wiring harness that you will need to plug or water will leak into the trunk. Also you will no longer have a 3rd brake light which is illegal in most places.
Mine has no brake light thankfully

I've seen some have a body shop weld the holes & repaint the trunk. It'd be easier to swap trunks with someone who doesn't have the si.

What colour is your car? You should check out that specific colour thread and post a message to see if anyone would be willing to swap trunks with you.

b5a9a056357ef80792d63adafabe04a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back