Howdy from Oklahoma

Engineer99

Norman, OK
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking the forums for the last few days after placing an order for a car this past Saturday. I'll be waiting until early February to take delivery of a 2013 Dyno Blue Pearl Civic Si sedan with the factory navigation. The wait may kill me!

I've been driving a 2005 Silverado RCSB that's been lowered 4" in front and 6" in the rear for the past 7.5 years. I'm quite excited to get into a sportier vehicle while still being practical. I had my choices down to the 2013 Civic Si or 2013 WRX Limited sedan. When I realized I would be just as happy with either vehicle without considering the cost, I made the decision to embrace the lower purchase price, better fuel mileage and lower maintenance costs.

Excuse the long winded introduction, but I'm happy to find a good community to partake in. I also want to thank everyone who has already given me a warm welcome, never had that before on a forum!

Both cars would have probably been great fun, but you should definitely save on gas and maintenance costs. Congrats - and let the wait begin! :waiting:

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I can't wait either, already been looking at wheels and suspension... It's beginning already.

Unfortunately, this is how it usually goes! The truck I lowered about a month after I bought it...

Welcome! Funny how often WRX appears on this forum, it is a good competitor for the Si I guess. I also considered WRX, MS3 and the Si and chose the Si in the end.

Thank you! Yeah, I thought most enthusiasts realize that there are a lot of great performance bargains on the market. It really just comes down to personal preference after that.

Hate to necro my own thread, but the car finally came in today! I'll try and post some pictures soon!

Thus far, I'm loving it! Put about 40 miles on it total, finished up the paperwork at 9:30 last night and had work at 7 this morning, so I haven't had a huge amount of time to drive it around. The wing surprised me because it doesn't really hinder my rear view at all. The new Si really is a good bit quieter than the 2012, though you can still hear the mechanical noises of the drivetrain, which is fine by me. Hardest part is keeping this baby under 4k for the break in period, it just loves to rev!

Thus far, I'm loving it! Put about 40 miles on it total, finished up the paperwork at 9:30 last night and had work at 7 this morning, so I haven't had a huge amount of time to drive it around. The wing surprised me because it doesn't really hinder my rear view at all. The new Si really is a good bit quieter than the 2012, though you can still hear the mechanical noises of the drivetrain, which is fine by me. Hardest part is keeping this baby under 4k for the break in period, it just loves to rev!

We have a thread that talks exactly about break in, cannot seem to find it right now :) But it is an interesting read. Shortly put consider going all the way for short periods of time the first 1k to properly break in the engine. I did that myself and I think it makes a lot of sense.

Drive it! Go over 4k to seat the rings. Drive it & you'll be less likely to have oil issues down the road. Vtec is not going to harm it.

Well, maybe a few times to 7k won't hurt too much... damnit, you guys are that crowd, aren't you? :driving:

Well there were oil loss issues on the 2012. Seems as though the users who "drove it" didn't experience as many issues as those who avoided vtec or went really easy during break-in.

Well there were oil loss issues on the 2012. Seems as though the users who "drove it" didn't experience as many issues as those who avoided vtec or went really easy during break-in.
I apologize, my joke didn't come through the internet as well as I intended. It was meant as a compliment! :D

Back