Hurricane Harvey took my Civic downstream. Now attempting to revive.

Worked on the car a bit tonight, lots of cleaning mostly. I had the door panels off and scooped pounds of mud out of the doors!

The engine is running but it's surging on it's own - at idle and when driving the car. I'm wondering if I need to find and clean the idle air control valve?

Worked on the car a bit tonight, lots of cleaning mostly. I had the door panels off and scooped pounds of mud out of the doors!

The engine is running but it's surging on it's own - at idle and when driving the car. I'm wondering if I need to find and clean the idle air control valve?
Yessir!

A new PCV valve is pretty cheap and it might not be a bad thing to replace. Check all your hoses everywhere. I would pull them all off the cooling system and drain/fill the coolant at least once. You can also cycle distilled water through it to help try and get any crud out that may have gotten in it. There should be a plastic stopcock at the bottom of the radiator for easy draining. White/clear plastic I believe. For burping the system it can help to have the front of the car up on ramps to help encourage bubbles to rise out of the system.

My 2013 civic got flooded also during the hurricane and mine was totaled but seems as if yours was way worse :/ sorry to see a fellow 9th gen owner without his baby for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13ea658ca85c81e7f992c3b750afe7b8.jpg

This was mine :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back