Hydraulic Hood Hinge

I know Tein and NRG has these but i just checked and not for the 12+ Civic :(

Those who recently purchased these should report back on the fitment. A couple people have said the damlers make the back corners of the hood (where the hinges are) slightly raised resulting in the hood not being flush with the fenders... almost like hood spacers.

I would like to know the way they fit as well. I came across the site and thought I would share as I know many are interested in this sort of product. I have no way of endorsing the vendor or the product as I've never seen them on a vehicle other than the video and I've never dealt with this vendor before.

I'd be more than welcome to be the guinea pig once I get a shipping quote. Based on the posts though I'm guessing I won't be the first.

im loving this im just worried about longevity. that always concerned me about stuff like this.

The vendor replied and said shipping is $25 to Canada. I'll get a set. If I'm the first one to get them installed, I'll post an update. I'm guessing the ones who order from the US will have them long before I get them though.

Well I just got off the phone with Andy from street lights and he confirmed that these do not fit the si model because the hood has a reinforcement that prevents the hood from closing. They will work if you have hood spacers though... Hopefully the come up with a new version that will work

Last edited:
We'll I just got off the phone with Andy from street lights and he confirmed that these do not fit the si model because the hood has a reinforcement that prevents the hood from closing. They will work if you have hood spacers though... Hopefully the come up with a new version that will work

Well that sucks. Good thing they didn't process my order.

I'll keep looking I guess......

Back