I Need to Replace This Part... No Idea What it is Called

Oeuxx

Hello,

I put in a K&N intake in my '13 Civic Si Sedan about 3 months ago. The other day I started to notice a change in sound from the intake. That's when I saw this when looking under the hood...
unusupe6.jpg

I just need to know what this plastic piece is called so I can replace it. I either put the clamp on too tight or it melted. It's not from the K&N box, it is a stock Honda part. Any guidance would be appreciated. Every time I take it off and reshape it, the plastic just bends back in once I tighten the clamp.

Thank you.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403473098424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403473098424.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 17
I tried that too. It keeps coming undone. I'm pretty sure it's the transaxle air inlet tube. I just wanted to be sure. It's 7 bucks so I might just buy it and see what hapens.

I tried that too. It keeps coming undone. I'm pretty sure it's the transaxle air inlet tube. I just wanted to be sure. It's 7 bucks so I might just buy it and see what hapens.
I had the same problem with mine. I heated it with a heat gun to get it back in shape and it worked for a while. Finally, I heated it again until it was in the proper shape, then 3m-taped a 1/2 inch wide, 3 inch long piece of metal, bent to take the inside curve. It worked fine. Just don't tighten it down too much, and keep the screw part of the hose clamp away from that weak point. Alternative is to buy the Honda part as described above. If I still had mine that's what I'd do instead of mending.

Back