I Plastidipped my entire 2015 Si... an honest review

Michael Sanford

Vehicle Model
2014 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I currently own a 2015 Civic Si Sedan in Black. I've always wanted the white version of this car, so one day I said "to heck with it" and started looking into Plasti dip. I Went online and found a color I liked and went for it. The Dipyourcar.com team was super helpful and got me exactly what I needed. I didn't want to rattle can the car so I opted for the full spray gun kit. I purchased the spray gun, 3 gallons of White plastidip and 2 Gallons of Dip Topcoat with 4 (10g) bags of balloon white pearls. The supplies arrived and I got to work. Taped off my garage and all the spots on the car I didn't want white. This process was by far the longest and most frustrating. Once you get the hang of it the spraying part is easy. Plastidip is pretty forgiving in that it all pretty much levels out and fixes most of your mistakes. The finished product was great. Aside from peeling the lights and door hinges the process was relatively pain free, especially for someone who's never so much as painted a fence.

Now for the part no one really wants to admit. It is a royal pain in the butt to keep clean. ESPECIALLY white. I found myself having to wash the car 2x per week. and it's not like regular paint where you just hit the dirt with the wash mitt and move on, no, you had to seriously scrub that crap. I got so fed up I had to look up an alternative cleaning method. I found "Simple Green " Cleaning solution and it made life a lot easier. Until one day I drove down to Florida and hit about 10000 bugs on the way down there. I let the bugs sit on the front of the car for about a week and decided to clean them off. No way those jokers were coming off though. They had become one with my front bumper. So, frustrated, I decided to peel the car. Note: I put every bit of 5 gallons of paint on this car. So naturally I assumed that it would peel right off just like in the videos, and for the most part it did. However it took me and 3 friends a good hour of peeling to get about 90% of it off. The paint underneath had some white dust on it but that's it, no further damage.

So I guess my final opinion of plasti dip is this, It's really cool for smaller pieces on your car, I currently have my rims dipped and I love it. But as for the whole car I would never do it again. I still have little white pieces in the cracks of my headlights, wheel well, and door jams. I feel like it's impossible to get all of it off.

Hope you enjoyed my experience and feel free to ask any questions you have about it. Thanks!
13315279_773519792783599_4570928275472967674_n.jpg 13344599_773519802783598_8126827815793309325_n.jpg 14202575_10210304818639486_1104557097999820007_n.jpg 13315525_10209431909377300_8055942197218538973_n.jpg

I have heard plasti is not fun to clean, and I'd imagine white would be the worst to keep looking good (with plasti). I don't know what you'd consider too much money to throw at the car, but you could look at wrapping the car white with vinyl. It'll definitely be more expensive than plasti, but it does add a layer of protection to your stock paint, and you can always remove it down the road. You wouldn't have the cleaning issues either.

I have heard plasti is not fun to clean, and I'd imagine white would be the worst to keep looking good (with plasti). I don't know what you'd consider too much money to throw at the car, but you could look at wrapping the car white with vinyl. It'll definitely be more expensive than plasti, but it does add a layer of protection to your stock paint, and you can always remove it down the road. You wouldn't have the cleaning issues either.
Yeah, I've just learned to like it black lol.
It looks like you did a nice job on the dip! Thanks for the review too!

I think @Alberto521 also did his entire car as well. A wild purple color.

Have you tried dip dissolver to deal with the last little pieces?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71LBzgxiCuL._SL256_.jpg
Read on a forum that WD-40 did a good job and I tried it. It worked well but was so difficult to get off the car afterwards. I ordered the Dip dissolver on Tuesday of this week lol

Looks good man....reminds me of the 8thGen concept sedan car.

My buddy and I wrapped his Miata and it came out pretty good in my opinion. The beauty of it is that it literally cost 100 dollars and that's it. Only issue is that holy hell is it a pain in the *** to apply. Here are all the pics I got.

There are a lot of parts where we messed up, but we didn't really mind because, well, drift beater :thumbsup:

97b9b08274f97f4cc62cf5e8f62d7f9b.jpg

428226fd789df45a38d2344f7e995029.jpg

185fb1a626952d42ecd86d1b5b6f10c3.jpg

d107926c2749e8ed451d73e229bc0ce0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I've got two friends that ripped their cars. Evo X done in some chameleon type color, and a Genesis Coupe done teal or so. They tore the dip of the Genesis and so many corners look terrible now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back