IMID display fault on honda civic 2p13

fattal8.af

20210610_175511.jpg
Hello everyone please anyone can help with this Issue on my IMID screen the middle of it is working but it's too dark like burnt specially day time I can't see nothing at the centre of the screen anyone can help on fixing this problem? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210610_175443.jpg
    20210610_175443.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
I’ve seen 2 or 3 people have this issue, and their screen had to be replaced. It may be something you can find on eBay or a junkyard from a wrecked civic if you don’t want to buy a new one.

I’ve seen 2 or 3 people have this issue, and their screen had to be replaced. It may be something you can find on eBay or a junkyard from a wrecked civic if you don’t want to buy a new one.
Do anyone know the cause of this?

Do anyone know the cause of this?

It could be the Controller Board (T-Con) section since it looks to be a TFT LCD; Webby's recommendation is the best-- that section is probably not serviceable on a screen so small. Weirdly, though-- the way it's burned out looks more like how old dot-matrix LCDs would burn out in the sun over time:

9ZVnCTc.jpg

Looks like burn-in on a polarizer filter. Can happen due to heat, direct sunlight, age, or a combination of the three.
I'm going to guess this didn't happen overnight?
Regardless, you'll probably have to have it replaced since swapping out polarizers (assuming that's even the issue) is usually a very technical task that may not be worth your time.

Back