inside dash sticker bomb

here are some pics of mine i did on my 8th for reference
530297_3714186372969_2039939466_n.jpg
72907_3714185692952_798674509_n.jpg
319708_3714183532898_102324718_n.jpg

i just want to say that it is A LOT harder than you think... getting stickers to lay flush and not wrinkle and still stick is really difficult.

then you have to make it look good too........
and clear coating is tough because the stickers fall apart and also get wet spots if you clear coat to heavy.... i plasi dipped that trim piece before doing it just to be extra safe.

good luck! its fun and interesting forsure idk if ill do it again unless my car ends up flashy but i am liking the classy look lately

Last edited:
i might switch it up and do carbon fiber wrap....the question is what color?....can my plastic door pieces be done with carbon fiber also?

I have a few scrap pieces left of the 3m di-noc on hand from past projects, so I can speak on how it performs. I've not had a chance to try the 1080 on anything. The only info I have on the 1080 would be from online articles. I've heard that the 1080 is substantially thinner than the dinoc, and it has a smaller weave pattern. The 1080 is on the far right (in the photo below), compared to the di-noc on the left. The 1080 is supposed to be much easier to wrap on products with compound curves and stuff. I've not heard anything bad about it.

tPmw33B.jpg

I've read the same thing. Is the Di-noc the same as 1080 that only requires pressure to apply and goes on dry, rather than with soap+water and stuff.

I've always applied di-noc dry. If you don't like the placement or something isn't good, you can easily peel it back and keep working with it.

I've always applied di-noc dry. If you don't like the placement or something isn't good, you can easily peel it back and keep working with it.

Awesome, I havent looked it up lately cause I changed my plans. But when I first was thinking of wrapping my roof I didnt find di-noc in gloss black thats why I decided on going with the 1080 wrap.

so I just ordered some carbon fiber black to test and try for my inside and see how I like it I figured I update everyone I figured I do carbon fiber so that way if/when I sell the car I can just take it up

i wanna do that with red vinyl because i feel pant would wear specially seeing on the driver side i rest my knee against it

Back