DIY Installing Heated Seats In Your Civic DIY

weathers starting to get cold, perfect time to add some bun warmers to your car!

i used my bun warmers going to the gym today, it was glorious

I did this in my 8th gen but it should translate over to 9th gens fairly well
It looks like the switches are in the center console, though. We do not have these spots in the 9th. At least not in my Si.

It looks like the switches are in the center console, though. We do not have these spots in the 9th. At least not in my Si.

Right, you would need to buy the 9th gen equivalent of the switches which would then mount up like on the leather equipped models

for the 8th gen the oem parts were the most expensive, i believe it was close to 130 for the switches/trim/panel and 70 for the 2 seat heater kit

Cool, thanks man. How much to drive down and have you do the install? hahahah

the installs not too bad as long as you leave yourself enough time to get it done, labor on the job would be astronomical though. I was quoted by a shop 300 a seat just for the labor.

Do you have a Si or EX/LX model?

oh then its easy, Si seats dont use the plastic retaining clips like the EX/LX does, they use metal hog rings that can be a pain to get to sit right when you reassemble the seat

If you have a weekend you can easily do a seat a day with time to spare, run the wiring while the interior is out and have it all running by Monday

definitely do it, its worth it, you can message me with any questions you have while doing it

I was looking on CHH's website and found that the EX-L comes with heated seats. Although, the pads themselves are quite expensive, but they should hook up to the electrical easily.

you can go that route if you want, its far cheaper and just as effective to use the generic heating elements and wire it up to the oem switches like i did

Back