DIY Installing Heated Seats In Your Civic DIY

if you use the oem heating elements you also i believe have to use the honda relays that run at least 30 a piece

great write up! i'm going to install heated leather in my car and this info is helpful.

do you know the p/n for the oem wiring harness? maybe i'm being too picky, but i really don't want to do crimp on connectors, etc.

thanks

i dont know the part numbers for the oem harness, i dont even know if the heated seat harnesses are seperate from the main interior electrical harness on a EX-L

unless youre going to go 100% oem, using the honda heating elements, and relays in addition to the switches its really not worth the added expense of the harnesses, two shielded crimp on connectors isnt that bad

this is true.

maybe i'm over thinking this project. but i tend to let things like that haunt me. it hasn't been an easy life.

i'm not concerned about the expense of the proper wiring harness. even the main one is only 230$. i'd like to keep as much factory as possible, but i'm starting to think that the differences between the 07 and 08 are just enough that it's going to be a never ending stream of problems. i'd really like to have the wiring with the connectors for the switch and fuse box hookup. i was hoping that since the models are pretty much the same, that it would just be an additional harness. but it sounds like the main wiring harness is completely diffo, which means it's probably a diffo fuse box, etc. etc. etc.

was hoping against hope that there was a wiring harness available that i couldn't find that would at least cover the delivery from the fuse box and light feeds to the switches and relays. then just using crime ons for the after market heaters. ah well. thanks again for a great write up.

i did see this wiring harness, but i think it's for the outlets in the compartment??? p/n 32104-SVA-A10

32104-SVA-A10
32104-SVA-A10

that could be part of it, but the floor harness is the part that plugs into the seat heater relays in the seats

Looking to do this mod, has anyone done this that used factory connectors to plug into the switches. If so could you point me in the right direction on where to get them or a part number? I would just rather not solder onto the switch itself. Thanks

i didnt solder anything onto the switch, i put connectors onto the pins with pigtails. Im fairly certain the plugs on the back of the 9th gen switches are not the same as 8th gen switches, and they arent the same between different honda models either. You could take the switches to a junk yard and go around seeing what if anything fits, or order the interior harnesses from honda

There isnt right now, i tapped into the wiring for the honda lighting accessory kit, and put 4 leds in the center of the cup holder

quick mockup
2009_Honda_Civic_LX_cup_holder.JPG

The leds i used are a blue superflux 4 pin style, so mine are mounted behind the cup holder plastic, drilled 4 holes and epoxied the leds in so all you see is 4 holes below the plastic spring prong things

I do need to take everything apart some time soon, passenger side heater switch is sticking a little cause the adhesive i used to make my own plugs seeped into the switch

the cup holder leds should be no problem for you since you did those door pocket leds

Last edited:
I do need to take everything apart some time soon, passenger side heater switch is sticking a little cause the adhesive i used to make my own plugs seeped into the switch

the cup holder leds should be no problem for you since you did those door pocket leds

Ya, but I'm really careful. So, it will save me some time figuring out the details. Ex. I don't know how to take out the cup holder.

ah, that i may not be as useful for since i have an 8th gen

In the interest of getting a 9th gen version of this DIY going, I am willing to offer my services to aid a 9thcivic member in doing this to their car. You provide the parts, and need to be local enough to me that i can get to you, so depending on time that would be Roanoke and New River Valley regions of VA, or Baltimore/DC metro areas.

Back