Installing Stereo System into 2013 Civic

freakinhobo

Hey.. first time posting but had a few questions regarding stereo systems and specifically installing them into my wife's 2013 Civic Sedan. I've read through some threads so have a general idea of how to do this, but have a few other questions. Here is what I have equipment wise that I pulled out of my vette:

Alpine MRP-F450 Amplifier
Alpine MRP-M350 Amplifier
Infinity Kappa Perfect 5.1 Components
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 Subwoofer

I know the stuff is a bit old.. but it's free and still works. I have installed the 5.1s minus the tweeters just to see if there was a difference and they actually don't sound as good as the stock speakers. Can I assume that this is because they are designed to be run with more power (amp) and with the tweeters all through the crossover? They basically just sound flat...I even switched the speaker +/- to make sure I had those right - still not sure whether red or purple is supposed to be + or -.

My plan is to replace the A pillars ($20 each) so I can install the 1" tweeters. But where do I put the crossovers? Seems like the easiest place would be inside the doors. The 4 channel AMP I plan to put under the passenger seat with the mono amp on the box in the trunk with the Sub. Am I on the right path at this point? Anyone have any tips for running wires that have pretty much done this already?

Thanks.

Mike

Back