DIY Interior Speaker Lighting

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
Well.. very simply put, this is the end result i was looking for! Very simple idea, not so easy getting door panel off etc etc lol

Thanks to @Pauly99to17 for the idea :)
SylRwmL.jpg

So to get this, you need to remove the door panel. You can look up several DIY guides, but honestly. pop off both door handle (silver) plus the door handle insert (black) and take all the phillips screws out that are into the sheet metal of the door. Take the panel off, and disconnect both power mirror module and power window module.
Unclip the door handle from the tapestry and but the panel aside. I connected the speaker lights to the drivers power window. its like 20 or 30A so that's more than enough power :)

Pin layout is marked PN#26 on the connector, show below in the following two pictures.
MVYyAHG.jpg

c7X76qi.jpg

Once you've wired into that, ground that lil guy onto the ground bolt you see directly above the door speaker (shown below)
Stick on your little LED strip, and make sure you make a little dent into the siding of the speaker side to lay the wires sop that the foam still sits nicely around the speaker housing :)
vckjwgM.jpg

Put all that :unicorn: back together, and you got yourself some speaker lighting! The lights will be ignition powered, so no need to worry about that lil guy If you want that light fed with consistent power (not ignition) then just wire to that thicker white were you see there in the power window module plug harness, That lil b*tch won't turn off till those LED's die :)... or till your battery dies hahahah!

anyways im done :) very simple DIY! Now everyone can copy me like they always do lol!

Last edited:
Very cool man. Do you have vids?

I tried removing the door panels on my car. It's an absolute pain in the ***.

I tried to remove the silver piece once and was not having much luck. :(

Back