iPhone integration...

SaskCRX

The flatlands
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic
Body Style
Si coupe
Ok so i have an iPhone 4 and i use it hooked up with bluetooth but i also want it hooked up through USB so i can use my music off the screen. Difficult thing is if i get in my car and plug in my phone before the nav screens ok comes up it gets hooked to handsfree and i have to go into my phone and select dock connector. Does anyone know if there is a setting so it always uses dock connector instead of handsfree?

the only thing I can think of off the top of my head would require you turning bluetooth off on your iphone. Then it wouldn't be trying to mate, but you'd be in a similar situation if you wanted to go back to bluetooth. I guess it depends on if you're using bluetooth a lot, or docking the iphone more?

Hello,

I mentioned this in another post here on 9th, basically what you do is connect via bluetooth first, then plug in the dock connector, this will prioritize all audio via the usb cable and not thru bluetooth.

Good Luck.

but he makes it sound like he's doing that, but it's going to handsfree. He has to go to the phone to make it switch to dock -

if i get in my car and plug in my phone before the nav screens ok comes up it gets hooked to handsfree and i have to go into my phone and select dock connector.

He is connecting the phone before he hits ok on the screen, he needs to do it after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so that is the answer - it has to be done after "ok" is pushed, or have bluetooth turned off?

That is what i do but i get annoyed of it. Was just wondering if someone has found a way to get it so its ALWAYS dock connector not handsfree. Just tires me out when i make 5 stops and have to wait for the slow nav screen to load before i can plug my phone in and get on my way.

That is what i do but i get annoyed of it. Was just wondering if someone has found a way to get it so its ALWAYS dock connector not handsfree. Just tires me out when i make 5 stops and have to wait for the slow nav screen to load before i can plug my phone in and get on my way.
It has nothing to do with the navi and everything to do with the iPhone, iOS will prioritize your output to the last connected source, so if you connect the dock first, and bluetooth connects once you hit ok on the navi, you will use bluetooth. I checked on my phone and didn't see any setting to let you change that.

But you still gotta wait for the nav. Im not saying its the navs fault i know its the iPhone. Im gonna yell at apple until they make an update to fix this haha

Back