iPhone keeps connecting and disconnecting

you referring to the bluetooth pairing? Or... usb connection not working properly, or?

Like you know how when you get in the car and start it up in a few seconds your phone will connect well it connects to the car then it disconnects the re connects and disconnects and connects and keeps doing that over and over

Bluetooth/BTA. Mine does the same thing and sometimes after hanging up. Not sure what the issue is yet since finals kept me busy. Ill take a trip to the dealership and have my buddy look at all the TBs

Resurrecting an old one here, but I’ve had this issue for years and this was one of the first threads to op up on the subject. Most of the time, this has been a minor inconvenience (1 or 2 disconnects over the course of an hour but it wouldn’t necessarily happen every drive) with occasional annoyance (5-10 disconnects or so).

However, the past couple of days have been absolutely brutal and it has been making my drive miserable. I can’t enjoy an audio book, listen to music, get navigation directions, or even take a call (hands free of course). For example, I had a 30min drive today and counted 53 disconnects during that span of time. I only made it through snippets of two and a half songs.

I’ve researched this over and over for years with little to no real resolution, just the same old excuses with Honda and Apple pointing fingers at each other. I’ve tried restarting the radio, restarting the car, restarting the phone, flushing the phone cache, putting my phone right next to the radio, leaving the phone in my pocket, and combinations of the above with little to no relief of the problem. This issue has persisted in the same car (my 2012 Civic) with 3 different phones (iPhone XS, 13 and now a 16) over the past 6yrs. I’ve had a similar issue in my 2016 Pilot where my phone (only on the IPhone XS thus far, only had the 16 a couple of weeks) would randomly disconnect when connected to the car via a wired connection. I’ve also had the occasional disconnect (I can only think of maybe once or twice in the course of many years) in my Stealth with an aftermarket stereo unit (wired and wireless connections). It is just so much more prevalent in my Civic and I don’t seem to have the problem with other Bluetooth devices. It’s truly mind-boggling.

Anyhow, I’m recording here for the need to vent; but, also to ask if others have noticed an uptick lately with this issue and maybe an iOS update (I’m on 18.0.1, I don’t know how long ago I did this update but know it was within the past week)? I’ve not heard of android users having this problem but my searches have been limited to focusing on problems with iPhone (and this thread for that).

Back