Is this a good deal?

Zeke1618

So I'm looking to buy a new car . I can't decide if this would be a good deal . There's a 2012 Civic si coupe for sale at 12k . It has 48k miles. If I dont get this one I am thinking of maybe getting the 2017 si when it comes out. Right now I drive a 2006 regular Civic with 37k miles, so it would be an upgrade .

I purchased my 2012 coupe with 31k for 16.2k, sounds like a good deal but id inspect it cause it sounds under priced, go on kbb for more details

Depending on condition of the car 12k is about average market right now. I wouldn't say it's a good deal but you also wouldn't be getting screwed. If I were you I'd wait for the 10th gen to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased my 2012 coupe with 31k for 16.2k, sounds like a good deal but id inspect it cause it sounds under priced, go on kbb for more details
I work at a dealership so that's the price they took it as a trade in . They said they gaved him less money due to the aftermarket exhaust and cause slightly lowered. Do you think I should be worrie at 47k miles?

Depending on condition of the car 12k is about average market right now. I wouldn't say it's a good deal but you also wouldn't be getting screwed. If I were you I'd wait for the 10th gen to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking that but they are going to be about 26k . Idk if I'm ready for payments

Thats not a bad deal, check the carfax and make sure all the vin numbers are all on the doors, hood, trunk.

Check the vin:

Service Bulletin 12-069, October 23, 2012

Excessive Engine Oil Consumption

Applies To:
2012 Civic Si 2-Door – From VIN 2HGFG4A...H700001 thru 2HGFG4A...H703398
2012 Civic Si 4-Door – From VIN 2HGFB6E...H700001 thru 2HGFB6E...H703802

SYMPTOM
The engine oil level is low on the dipstick, and the low
oil pressure indicator may come on.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace all the engine pistons and the piston rings.
===========

Also, take a pic of the exhaust and lowering springs. It would at least identify what parts were added.

Check the vin:

Service Bulletin 12-069, October 23, 2012

Excessive Engine Oil Consumption

Applies To:
2012 Civic Si 2-Door – From VIN 2HGFG4A...H700001 thru 2HGFG4A...H703398
2012 Civic Si 4-Door – From VIN 2HGFB6E...H700001 thru 2HGFB6E...H703802

SYMPTOM
The engine oil level is low on the dipstick, and the low
oil pressure indicator may come on.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace all the engine pistons and the piston rings.
===========

Also, take a pic of the exhaust and lowering springs. It would at least identify what parts were added.
Thanks for that information . The last numbers don't fall in between those and in CarMax it said no recalls

I work at a dealership so that's the price they took it as a trade in . They said they gaved him less money due to the aftermarket exhaust and cause slightly lowered. Do you think I should be worrie at 47k miles?

Okay, well now that makes sense on the number you were quoted with. How much do you know about cars? (I know that's kind of a loaded question, but I only ask because if you can inspect it, or at least have your own mechanic inspect it then maybe you can see about the quality of the aftermarket parts that were installed because let's be honest not everyone out there knows how to install things properly and once something is changed and potentially something goes wrong in that change, it may affect the ability to return something to stock or to replace the part with another aftermarket part) Basically, what I'm saying is that the buy is fine if the parts that were changed ultimately are in good condition and depending how the aftermarkets were installed, if that checks out to be okay, then the buy should be good. More or less you gotta get a 3rd person in there who knows how to poke around and what to look for if something is okay or not. The miles are great, our Hondas run for hundreds of thousands of miles, but I get very weary when someone installs a suspension upgrade and exhaust upgrade and then decides to sell that car with low miles on it (meaning I am doubtful that the original owner installed the suspension parts correctly).....Hope this helps

Okay, well now that makes sense on the number you were quoted with. How much do you know about cars? (I know that's kind of a loaded question, but I only ask because if you can inspect it, or at least have your own mechanic inspect it then maybe you can see about the quality of the aftermarket parts that were installed because let's be honest not everyone out there knows how to install things properly and once something is changed and potentially something goes wrong in that change, it may affect the ability to return something to stock or to replace the part with another aftermarket part) Basically, what I'm saying is that the buy is fine if the parts that were changed ultimately are in good condition and depending how the aftermarkets were installed, if that checks out to be okay, then the buy should be good. More or less you gotta get a 3rd person in there who knows how to poke around and what to look for if something is okay or not. The miles are great, our Hondas run for hundreds of thousands of miles, but I get very weary when someone installs a suspension upgrade and exhaust upgrade and then decides to sell that car with low miles on it (meaning I am doubtful that the original owner installed the suspension parts correctly).....Hope this helps

It does help. I had my friend mechanic look at it today and he said the car suspension was dropped on springs, something like that and the aftermarket exhaust was done correctly. He said check engine light was off which was a better thing cause he mentioned that usually it's on if it's bad? He said it would be a good buy and that he can't tell nothing g wrong with it other than new tires and oil change coming up

An exhaust won't cause the check engine. An aftermarket catless downpipe will cause a check engine. Did you see what color the springs are, or what brand the exhaust is?

An exhaust won't cause the check engine. An aftermarket catless downpipe will cause a check engine. Did you see what color the springs are, or what brand the exhaust is?
Yeah the springs were red and the exhaust was skunk

With lowering springs you gotta be cautious about the structural impact it may have on the stock dampers too and if the person did lower them, especially in the rear, there would likely have been a camber adjustment, or the person bought new camber arms, adjustable ones, so check that out too. The problems with lowering springs and not changing the shocks is that if the shocks arent properly adjusted for the range then they operate in a range that isnt optimal and can lead to quicker wear, which ultimately can be tested (if its bad) by a simple test drive and pothole test, which I highly recommend hitting potholes on purpose to specifically test the suspension. The inspection isnt gonna test this, its gonna be something you gotta test yourself.

With lowering springs you gotta be cautious about the structural impact it may have on the stock dampers too and if the person did lower them, especially in the rear, there would likely have been a camber adjustment, or the person bought new camber arms, adjustable ones, so check that out too. The problems with lowering springs and not changing the shocks is that if the shocks arent properly adjusted for the range then they operate in a range that isnt optimal and can lead to quicker wear, which ultimately can be tested (if its bad) by a simple test drive and pothole test, which I highly recommend hitting potholes on purpose to specifically test the suspension. The inspection isnt gonna test this, its gonna be something you gotta test yourself.

Yea I'm going to test drive it in the road

Back