Issue after LED foglight install

hwasa

Long Beach, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hi guys. So today I replaced my foglight with LED bulbs in the OEM housing as from what I've heard that is okay. Installation went great, bulbs light up bright. However, since install, when I lock car ('14 si coupe), it no longer makes the chirp/beep noise. Also, when I start my car, the foglight flicker. I will attach a video that shows the foglight flicker. Thank you!

Video:
View: https://youtu.be/LnfUXEVHUJg

under the hood fuse panel - check #18 which is the horn. It's a 10amp fuse. See if it's popped.
#18 Horn 10A

I also wouldn't be starting the car with all of your lights running. You'll pulling unnecessary draw to all of those accessories while the engine is trying to crank.

Turn out my trunk was open that's why it wasn't beeping lol. My lights are set to auto that's why they were on, do you turn on your lights manually?

I turn on my lights manually.

Some type of CANBUS system monitoring the amp/watt draw and acting weird accordingly. How do you have them wired up? Are you running a separate wiring harness? Even an HID harness could be adapted to use the stock input signal and run power straight from the battery. I bet a relay setup would bypass all the factory checks and restore the electrical functions you are missing. LEDs have been an issue in several places. Most notably in turn signals and needing to run resistors to function properly. I bet its some weird gremlin like that.

I have no harness or anything. I just replaced the halogen bulb with an LED one. Someone told me only way to fix it is a relay harness. Is that correct? I know nothing about wiring/electrical lol

I have no harness or anything. I just replaced the halogen bulb with an LED one. Someone told me only way to fix it is a relay harness. Is that correct? I know nothing about wiring/electrical lol

Technically yes, because the harness will draw power directly from the battery using the fog power as a switch to the relay. All lights in cars flicker if not turned off when the battery turns on the engine, its common to direct all power to the starter for cranking amps.

I also wouldn't be starting the car with all of your lights running. You'll pulling unnecessary draw to all of those accessories while the engine is trying to crank.

My lights are set to auto that's why they were on, do you turn on your lights manually?

I turn on my lights manually.

I just leave my light set to auto. That way I know my lights will be on when needed and I won't be one of those people driving down the road without any light on.

It looks like you left your lights set to on instead of auto. They still shut off when you close your door with the engine off. My auto lights don't come until the car is started. Yours came in when you unlocked the car. And that's common for led lights to do that when starting. All lights do that. It's just with regular bulbs they dim instead of flicker. It's because normal lights dim when voltage drops. Led and hid lights are either on or off. Voltage drops too much they turn off.

Back