Jackson Racing announces R18 Rotrex Supercharger kit

Just rebuild the block. New rings, high perf cam, maybe new pistons, new IM.... Sounds like the car is about ready for a full on upgrade...supercharge it..... ya know.. just sayin....

im at 108k, really want to do it, if the engine ends up needing a rebuild then thats just something to keep me out of trouble for a few days

Im at 66k so hopefully Ill only be around 75k later this summer.

I am really curious about how they ran their test setup. Totally stock or with some upgrades on there. I'd consider a battery relocate for a real beasty CAI similar to a Import DPS/RickSpec and a custom IM if it would help. Id go all in on an aftercooler since Ive got the A/T. I'm excited about my car again.

You'll need to rebuild man. I only had like 87k miles I think on my 8th an supercharged it an ya motor didnt hold up long

Ya we couldn't figure out what happen. My power was cut in half. So pirated out the car best I could an dumped it on a dealership lol

I made it about a week or so. My car didnt go boom. But something broke. I went from 9psi an 300+hp to 9psi an about 205hp lol. We had no idea what broke. Checked everything we could as far as not tearing the motor out an apart. You don't wanna pay to rip into a K motor it's not cheap or fun lol

I made it about a week or so. My car didnt go boom. But something broke. I went from 9psi an 300+hp to 9psi an about 205hp lol. We had no idea what broke. Checked everything we could as far as not tearing the motor out an apart. You don't wanna pay to rip into a K motor it's not cheap or fun lol

At least the K motor has more aftermarket then the R18

That is very true. But ill Stick to my b motors. A lot easier to work on an build. An u don't have all kinds of small pins an **** lol

On the website, Jackson has a factory tuned option for the supercharger. has anyone tried this out yet?

^ woops, I thought this was for 9th gen, should've read that twice lol

0625130840-01_zpsc9b58fe3.jpg

I got a fully built 300hp r18

now that could be fun, any more info?

now that could be fun, any more info?

It doesn't seem complete. There's no info about tunes. No dynos. The owner is claiming 300hp.
replica N1 exhaust downpipe back.
jrsc rotrex blower c30-74 intercooled.
jr CARB tune on flashpro.
injected upper motor mounts.

So hes probably just going by the numbers that JR says the intercooled kit puts out plus a bit for the exhaust or something

Jacskon was saying 240's with the race kit and intercooler on a 5-speed. I don't think 300 would be too far of a stretch but you would definitely need more than that short list of parts. Definitely need a custom one-off intake manifold and a cam I would think. The plastic one is a major restriction and I would think the possibility of collapsing/crushing it would be there with the increase in pressure.

Back