Jackson Racing announces R18 Rotrex Supercharger kit

of course. its the exact answer i expected and would've given myself in their position. Looks like someone is going to have to bite the bullet and do it.

....I should probably stop talking about this now before i do something incredibly irresponsible....

Reactions: Nix
Like buy a used Miata track car for the $4k this kit costs? Keep the Civic for a reliable fun DD and have a decided thrash machine on the side.

Thats my dilemma and why I haven't done it.

Like buy a used Miata track car for the $4k this kit costs? Keep the Civic for a reliable fun DD and have a decided thrash machine on the side.

Thats my dilemma and why I haven't done it.
Yeah that too. My father in-law has an old c230 compressor that he's trying to sell. If parts weren't scarce and expensive I would've bought that.

My main issue with another car is it's going to be 4-10k to start then I'm going to want to mod it. That's another 5-10k right there. So it's not 4K its more like 10k to start. More cars are just more money.

Miatas are pretty competitive stock. Just need maintenance. Drive the car until you exceed the limits of the car. Which is pretty high on a Miata even with just stock suspension and tires. Ah, I'm selling you on my problem!

Buy the SC!

I was really thinking I might build something more like this:

963c386a1dbf13088b088c7bc881e997.jpg

I'm gonna start saving for this kit now....my baby will be born in may so I'm gonna try and put away every last cent I can afford until then...

I'm gonna start saving for this kit now....my baby will be born in may so I'm gonna try and put away every last cent I can afford until then...

Congrats! My savings for this went to my baby who was born in January. I was saving for the past four years, then my wife and I decided to get married, buy a house, and have a baby. Goodbye car funds. Don't spend all of it before the baby though. Damn that was expensive and I have "good" insurance.

Thanks! Definitely changed my mind on this, i'm having a girl and all the guys at work say their daughters are a whole different breed than their sons'...congrats on your baby as well, maybe the Twitch machine will be handed down to them! :bananapoke:

Probably because the r18 was new to the 8th gen (2006-2011) vehicle. They should post years though, since the 2012+ used a "r18" as well. They're not the same engine though.

2006-2011 is r18a1 engine code
2012+ r18z1 engine code

Probably because the r18 was new to the 8th gen (2006-2011) vehicle. They should post years though, since the 2012+ used a "r18" as well. They're not the same engine though.

2006-2011 is r18a1 engine code
2012+ r18z1 engine code

2012+ is an R18z1.

The R18a2 is Euro motor for the R18a1

And only difference between z1 and a1 is mounting locations, cam lobes, and .01 compression

In the install instruction booklet it sais R18A1 engine
I think the biggest thing would be crash bars/beams and whatnot up front not matching up. They changed them again to update the offset crash tests too.

I want to bring this thread back to life.
Does anybody know if the supercharge system is available for the 9th gen R18 yet?
I enjoy my r18, do have a new born 8 months old, and also own a house as well. So funding is very limited when it comes to playing the mods.
If one day I am able to save up some $$$ and do own more spare cars, I don't mind putting a super charge system to boost my 9th gen R18.

Last edited:
I don't get why SC a r18...if you got it for gas sipping or because it costed less than a Si doesn't it defeat the purpose? Why not trade in for a Si?

@Tak. If you check previous posts JR told me that it would require cutting of the core supports to fit properly. Therefore it's a no go as far as they are concerned. I debated experimenting but it's a lot of money to take a chance on.

Back