Jackson Racing Supercharger Advice

Gotcha. It's just when you begin to do a cost/benefit analysis it just makes more fiscal sense to just move to an Si.

But if money is no object then you can definitely make some FI power on the R18. But you're gonna spend a heap of $$ to do so.

And it ain't gonna be CARB legal. Literally anything you do with regards to intake, engine, or exhaust will put you out of compliance.

What if I was to buy the version of the SC without the tuner and the fuel injectors, and bought my own, not necessarily ones up to CARB standards. Then, when the smog checker asks about the big freakin supercharger in my hood, I give him the EO number of the charger. The PDF does mention my car year and all the parts I have installed. Assuming the smog checker doesn’t really care about looking into it and sees that there’s a number and it all checks out, would that help me pass my smog?

Nope. Not how it works boss. You're gonna fail visual AS WELL AS the OBD-II test. There's no getting around it dude. You will NOT pass.

If you have someone that's willing to pass visual you will still absolutely fail when it's plugged in and it's detected that it isn't the OEM map.

, and it has been discontinued

What if I was to buy the version of the SC without the tuner and the fuel injectors, and bought my own, not necessarily ones up to CARB standards. Then, when the smog checker asks about the big freakin supercharger in my hood, I give him the EO number of the charger. The PDF does mention my car year and all the parts I have installed. Assuming the smog checker doesn’t really care about looking into it and sees that there’s a number and it all checks out, would that help me pass my smog?
How would you be ordering a kit if it’s discontinued? Have you found a place saying they have them?

Yeah there’s a few websites I’ve found like Velocity Factor that still sell them. I’m assuming discontinued means “we don’t make any more of them” and what these websites are selling is leftover stock.

U will not pass smog with a modded car in California that’s obd2 no matter what. Even if u have carb stickers most smog places won’t give u the time a day. Trust me. I’ve been getting cars smogged (modded or not) for the last twenty years. Yea it could be legal but most wont even deal with it. Put parts on it. Then take them all off to Smog it and then put your parts back on. This is Cali. It’s only gonna get worse.

Yeah there’s a few websites I’ve found like Velocity Factor that still sell them. I’m assuming discontinued means “we don’t make any more of them” and what these websites are selling is leftover stock.
There are a bunch of sites that also list the comptech Supercharger kits for the SI even though they went out of business years ago. They don’t have them to sell despite having them on their site.

U will not pass smog with a modded car in California that’s obd2 no matter what. Even if u have carb stickers most smog places won’t give u the time a day. Trust me. I’ve been getting cars smogged (modded or not) for the last twenty years. Yea it could be legal but most wont even deal with it. Put parts on it. Then take them all off to Smog it and then put your parts back on. This is Cali. It’s only gonna get worse.
So what you’re saying is, get the stuff, take it off before the test, reflash the ECU, test, and put it back on again? Is this doable?

Back