JAYBLS' 2012 CBP Si Sedan

Went 130+mph today. That was fun.

It always is. :eyebrows: :driving:

Okay, after seeing the 8th forum's ROTM, 1.8L FG KiDd, I have some new inspiration for what's next with my build.

7D1451AE-4709-417A-B22C-78327DA8A520-732-000000ACB60FE009.jpg

I want to polish my RBC and get a matching polished intake. Still going with the wrinkle black valve cover, and I think a wrinkle black catch can will go nicely with it all.

I love that valve cover. It almost looks like it's Grabber Blue which is one of my favorite automotive colors. :thumbsup:

Btw JAYBLS. I'm pretty sure you can make more power with that Takeda intake because it seems like the filter can use 3.5" piping. The inlet of the pipe looks like a 3.5" diameter.
Untitled.png

Dar-Dar the ID of the filter is indeed 3.5". It even says it on the filter. That's going to happen first. There will be a 3.5" intake tube with the AFE box and filter first as it shouldn't be too much money.

Kelford 179-a cams are calling my name. I'll bet they'd work very well with this engine.

Just ordered an Airaid 4" UBI tube. It has an inside diameter of 3 5/8", so well see if it makes any difference to switch out the 3" ID metal elbow provided with the AFE intake with a thick-walled, plastic, ~3.5" ID intake tube pretty soon.

Kelford 179-a cams are calling my name. I'll bet they'd work very well with this engine.
Stay away from Kelford cams, I have had way too many customers with poorly ground cams that ruin the drivability of the motor (extremely poor idle, makes no more power than stock). I even had one customer where the cam slipped time (because of a manufacturing issue with the cam) and destroyed his motor.

Kelfords == biggest pile of junk cams on the market.

Stay away from Kelford cams, I have had way too many customers with poorly ground cams that ruin the drivability of the motor (extremely poor idle, makes no more power than stock). I even had one customer where the cam slipped time (because of a manufacturing issue with the cam) and destroyed his motor.

Kelfords == biggest pile of junk cams on the market.
Oh wow. Thanks for chiming in, Vit. I guess I'll need to do some more reading on the topic. Do you, being the great tuner that you are, have a preference when it comes to "drop in cams" and about how much power you think they'd make in the Z7?

By the way, VitViper, the car is running great! Do you think I'll need a new calibration for the larger diameter intake elbow I'm installing?

You might need a small fueling tweak for the intake -- nothing major.

Drop in cams are garbage -- in practice I've never seen them make more than 4-5hp on a K series (no matter what the ads claim).

On an S/C I have yet to see any tangible gains at all with ANY cams.

People used to praise ips cams. Nikos from k20a started svmcams, but I don't know if k24 cams are on the horizon. He seems focused on the k20 stuff currently.

Ha. This is bringing back memories of when I was trying to figure out which cams to get for my Mustang. I guess if I do anything else, it'll be an EFR.

Thanks, VitViper and webby

The car is looking great. It seems like a 45 degree silicone would be a better fit to the intake and tb. Or maybe the pic is messing with me. Lol.

The problem isn't the bend; it's the fact that the inside diameter of the coupler is smaller than the outside diameter of the ZDX throttle body inlet.

The ride height is absolutely perfect. I like the slammed look as well, but I think it is equal in its aesthetic appeal as my ride height, but my ride height is much easier on the car. I don't like destroying my nice, new shiny things.

I've also gotta say, not to toot my own horn, but pictures of this car just don't do it justice. It looks considerably better in person.

Back