Jdm emblems...

Si_rican12

Clarksville, Tennessee
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I see that corsport and pro civic both have the JDM front and rear badges. Are they the same? One honda vs the other aftermarket? The price difference isn't much. But I would rather have the genuine honda badges. From what I can tell the pro civic is honda genuine. The corsport I'm not so sure. Im looking at the steering wheel emblem also but didn't find it on pro civic. Thanks in advance.

tagging PRO Civic & CorSport to chime in on their parts.

I know a lot of members go with the j's racing steering wheel emblem because it fits right over your stock emblem.

Ours are OEM honda badges from other real JDM cars we buy from a JDM importer that has been around selling parts forever. Not sure what pro civic sell, could be OEM or knock off.

I'm not sure if Procivic sells legit JDM badges or not. I know Corsportusa and Robearracing do. Robear probably does not have JDM badges for the 2012s, I'll have to give it a look.

We only sell the genuine Honda emblems as well, from a source in Japan. This is one of the reasons why the price has increased over the years! They are not taken from any existing JDM cars...they are brand new emblems sealed from the Honda factory. You do have to be careful though because some of the knock offs look a lot like the originals. Usually there is a tell-tale sign like the Honda label is washed out or something similar. I can guarantee you that the quality of the materials is not as good as on the originals. Some of the knock offs cannot even stand up to a rain storm, there is a thin red paper layer that will get wet because they are not sealed well!

As far as the steering wheel emblem, we do not stock these. The reason for this is that the actual FD2 Type R steering wheel emblem is attached to the airbag cover (with airbag electronics)...you are not suppose to be able to purchase them separately from Honda dealers in Japan. This adds to the cost of the emblem quite a bit, at least $500 I would guess. There might be a market in Japan for salvaging these airbag covers and emblems from wrecked cars, but I doubt there would be that many of them though. The only steering wheel emblems I've seen have been knock offs for this reason, but again, there may be a market to get limited amounts of the real ones from older or wrecked cars.

Edit: Looking into this more, I'm not even sure if you can separate the real FD2 Type R emblem for the airbag cover. It looks to be molded in, so I don't see how anyone would be able to acquire just the emblem...

so these are fake j's racing?
http://grfxpstore.com/store/product/885037071
2aa3ca31.jpg

yeah, I just found multiple suppliers of those J's emblems in china. Looks like they are fake

It looks legit since it's packaged nicely. :sadbanana: I'll probably still buy one though.

Yes, both companies mentioned above have authentic ones. The steering wheel ones aren't legit though.

So to just be clear, there is no actual type r emblem for the 2012 since they don't make a type r, correct? And then the emblems that fit the coupe are the same size for the front and back, which is the fd2's rear badge, correct? I just want to be 100% sure before I order again. Thanks.

yeah, I just found multiple suppliers of those J's emblems in china. Looks like they are fake

Well the pic above says made in Japan & looks identical to packing found on J's racing steering wheel for the 8th.

jsracing.jpg

Back of my packaging for the emblem..

916537d9.jpg

If it's a fake they did a good job w/ the packaging..

Back