JL stealthbox

Bulkybear

I had 2 diamond 12s in my trunk in a huge ported box. I decided I need my trunk back so I'm getting a JL stealthbox. It has 1 10 (the 12s were too loud anyways) and mounts on for passenger side of the trunk near the tail light. So I sold my 12s. Drove my car for the first time in a while with no subs in it and it accelerated so much harder. I mean a very noticeable difference. I can only assume it was the weight of my subs. Probably between 80-100 lbs. Now that I've felt the difference I don't want to lose it. Anybody know if the stealthboxes are pretty light? I'm hoping it doesn't become slow again.

That dang box is 799$$$? Even if it comes with a sub you could get an amazing Memphis and build a fiberglass box yourself. I'm using the DIY for the fiberglass box myself soon. It'll weigh nothing as well.

True. It is expensive but worth it to someone like me who can't and doesn't have time to learn fiberglass. So your saying there pretty light?

If you can find a nice, creditable, stereo shop I'm sure they could build you a box, sell you the sub and amp you want, and install for a pretty good deal. I don't recommend car toys just cause they're more franchised than local man owned shops. Installation charges out the rear too. It's all about who ya know too

Ok. Got it in. A little cutting of the factory trunk liner and drilling a hole in the bottom of the trunk was required. But while its not as loud as what I had it sounds amazing. I'll post 4 pics, the one I started with. The diamond I blew. The 2 I replaced it with. And now the JL.
8yvydu4a.jpg
dygete6a.jpg
upy8ymeh.jpg
meqasa9e.jpg

Next week sometime I'm going to have to make some modifications. Our trunk is slightly different than the 8th gen so the way it mounts up left it rattling from the bolt hole in the trunk floor. If my mod works I can make a diy for it if that's something people would want.

If I remember correctly my amp kit came with 17 feet of power cable and it was a little tight. I'd recommend 25 feet for the power run.

Love your new enclosure with JL!..I am exactly looking the same one for my 13 civic. Can you provide some details on where I can get one? I got a JL 12"TW3...looking for a slim enclosure without loosing any trunk space (or as less as possible)...

Back