JonnyRotten's 2014 CBP FG4 build thread

I'm with you on that @JonnyRotten. I wasn't thrilled that my 12 had so many issues that I was told I have to get a new one. But my faith is restored with how well this one drives, plus I love the orange. I will say the 14 only looks good in white, black, and orange. Which was a surprise to me since I always go for red, but it doesn't look good to me in red I think.

I'm with you on that @JonnyRotten. I wasn't thrilled that my 12 had so many issues that I was told I have to get a new one. But my faith is restored with how well this one drives, plus I love the orange. I will say the 14 only looks good in white, black, and orange. Which was a surprise to me since I always go for red, but it doesn't look good to me in red I think.
@Word3k I've always liked black myself although I did consider white for a split second when I was ordering this car.
I'm hopefully buying a new Audi on the weekend and it's going to be black as well.
Once you go black,, you never go back so they say! :rotfl:

Last edited:
Don't be jealous @Christian12. After seeing the upgrade of the '13 compared to my '12 I decided that I had to upgrade. When the '14's came out I was sold.
Nothings stopping you from getting what you want!

Yeah for sure but I'm happy with mine. I don't think I would get another civic might want something different later on. But I love my car.
Any plans for yours other then lowering it?

Yeah for sure but I'm happy with mine. I don't think I would get another civic might want something different later on. But I love my car.
Any plans for yours other then lowering it?
My priority right now is to lower the car on coilovers, other than that maybe some minor mods here and there. I like the idea of a short shifter and I've always loved the Mugen CF shift knob. I have other things that any extra money I have is better spent on, like three teenagers! :)

Last edited:
Finally got my Mugen CF shift knob :pianodance:
I know it's a little thing but I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. I've been wanting this for a few years now. Just couldn't justify paying full price for one.
It goes better in this car than it would have in my previous Si. I really like how the CF on the shift knob matches the faux CF surround on the dash.
Love it!!:love:
IMG_1374.JPG

I can't any Mugen CF knobs without having to shell out $150 or more.

Might end up going with el-cheapo eBay for $40-$50, but not quite desperate enough yet, lol.

Back