Just bought (2014 Civic Ex) Aftermarket Radio Help!!

mdmhom13

Minneola,Fl.
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
OK I'm aware this is a brand new car and entertainment system. But I had it to the installers yesterday for them to put my Pioneer Avic-z130bh into the car. The dash kit from scoche is to small, but they found one that would work. I also picked up the pac audio harness unit:RP4-HD11. The installers have allot of years between them, but they indicated once they had the harness installed and plugged my pioneer in, it started throwing all kinds of codes. My question is has anyone successfully installed and aftermarket radio and was able to keep steering wheel functions? They where able to integrate my JL amp and JL speakers into my system,but hook to the 7" oem head unit.

Thanks for the help.
Glad I'm apart of a great forum

Last edited:
Not much is known about the new stereo setup on the 2014's. If that unit you bought doesn't work, the axxess one may not either.

@squiggy which harness are you using on your car?

I used the metra harness for premium audio. Or are you talking about the one for steering wheel controls. I haven't gotten around to that one yet.

I used the metra harness for premium audio. Or are you talking about the one for steering wheel controls. I haven't gotten around to that one yet.
Yeah I was referring to steering wheel controls.

I think we may have four or five 2014 owners here so far and I don't know that any have done audio upgrades.

Well if I can get it to work. I'll let everyone know. The installers indicated it's all data signals running thru all the wire bundles.

Probably won't find much for a while. It's brand new. So it'll take a while. That's even if they do. Not really sure why anyone would change it. What size is the aftermarket deck. If it's a 7". Just buy a new stereo bezel from a 2013 model.

The bezel is not the issue it's the harness integration. You get multiple error codes from the computer when you plug in the aftermarket radio

I got my Civic the same day. I want to upgrade the speakers and add a little bass. can you detail how they integrated your speakers into the car?

Has anyone seen or red any positive results on installing aftermarket HU yet?
Without all the computer error codes. I'm so ready to put this Pioneer NEX 8000 in.

Back