Just getting started-2013 Black Honda SI Coupe Mint no nav, miles 17,600!

the lights bad, my camera not the best-stay under the radar, aliens maybe watching too closely! Look out for tin foil hats!

the pics were intention to be out of focus in poor light- I take some better ones maybe. Honda's are the most stolen cars in Canada and US too. Just had someone hacking or whatever my credit card for $90. Had to turn it off.

the pics were intention to be out of focus in poor light- I take some better ones maybe. Honda's are the most stolen cars in Canada and US too. Just had someone hacking or whatever my credit card for $90. Had to turn it off.

Thank goodness for fraud protection. Still a PITA.

$44 bucks that the bank has to track down, other charges were paid back. I wasn't sure but I have insurance though the bank, this has happened before, no big deal, get another credit car. I got all the dough back all ready-You have to be on your toes when you buy stuff online.

Last edited:
My Honda SI is on the road just got the plate and insurance, I have to get the car inspected, but have 30 days to do that. I washed it with the spray wand even though it was 23 degrees. Took out spare tire and jack to save some weight. I have AAA 100 mile tow, so if I go on a long trip-I will put spare back in. I saw my mechanic and he helped me with the front plate. Used SS screws and a slim plate border on rear-looks nice. And asked him about the pesky tnps sensors and he can program them when I put my 17x7 daylight black wheels on with some sticky tires. For now its better to run the all season tires and stock wheels. I want to see how much weight I can take off the car. I figure the car will weight 2800pds when I finish. But everything does work perfect as It should with only 17,600 on the SI. I inflated the ties to 33.5pds but after driving the car-I will let out some air to stock 32 pds-to soak up bumps better. I think it a very nice car. After buying the car and shipping then waiting two months. It most have taken me al most three months to actually get the car on the road, due to bad Winter weather. It was shipped all most in the middle of a snow storm. Going to drive it tonight and test out those red light's on the dash-I think this is a very good year-still has a key-not a button and no NAV-NSA tracking device or it calls 911 if air bags go off-tells location on the 2014 model- a Iran Hacker could take control of the car if it had one.

no NAV-NSA tracking device or it calls 911 if air bags go off-tells location
Are you referring to hondalink assist app? Hondalink works with bluetooth from your smart phone. If you're in a crash an agent will check in and request that help be sent, even if you/your passengers are unable to respond. If you already have a cell phone, your nsa/tracking point is invalid. You're already walking around with a gps beacon on yourself.

Back to driving the Honda Si-I still haven't figured out everything this car does. Info seems a bit lacking on something as simple as a complete engine specs like what type of pistons and rings and rods being used, hardness of crankshaft, cyl wall type. I have that info on the srt-4 engine which is exactly the same size as the Honda SI. I like to take things apart and see if I can make it better which is why I like the Honda si-it is a really great tuner car not many being made any more for the dough I spent. Simple driving told me that inflating the tires a bit more not a good idea-too rough riding- fix that tomorrow.

Last edited:
checked my tire pressure and it was pretty close to 32 pds- it would seem in this cold weather-1.5 pds went missing. There is a blinking red light when I lock the car-is that the car alarm? I am also driving the Honda car too slow a tiny bit, I am use to lower rpms being from a srt-4 makes its power lower. the Honda likes to rev high.

Webby, i think he meant the little blinking red light when the car is off. Mine always dos that from brand new, i assumed it meant the security system was activated?

Correct. 2nd row of the 1st pic of the manual describes it as the “security system indicator”. Then in the 2nd pic it explains what happens if it’s set off etc.

Are you referring to hondalink assist app? Hondalink works with bluetooth from your smart phone. If you're in a crash an agent will check in and request that help be sent, even if you/your passengers are unable to respond. If you already have a cell phone, your nsa/tracking point is invalid. You're already walking around with a gps beacon on yourself.
How do I stop them from tracking my smartphone?

You could just leave the stupid phone in a closet like I do. Is the Honda assist ap not on the 2013? I thought they added it in 2014? By the way how long will the car battery last with the car alarm on
-it seems to be a battery draining device.

Back