Just put the roof rack on

pinecone

Well I finally got the parts to put my thule rack on my '13 sedan. Took me about an hour by myself, so was not too bad. Not much road noise at 55, no more than usual with the sunroof open. Car is dirty, been a long two weeks at work. Let me know what you think. It is to haul my trek mountain bike around.
5332ad1951ee4ea5ec172bf2bbb8af83.jpg

First post I see so.... Welcome! and,

Nice rack! We definitely need pics of the bike as well!

Do you have part # or model #s for the rack in case anyone else is looking at the same thing?

If the arm reaches up the way I think it does and sits against the top tube of the bike, I would recommend sticking a microfiber towel or something similar in between. I can't tell if its the type that grabs the wheel or the frame. I have a thule rack and the foam rubber on the arm wore a small hole in the clear coat on mine. I just stick a mf towel in there now. Just a heads up.

Weird, should not be my first post, maybe on tapatalk.

The feet are traverse 480 and the kit for 13 and up sedans in 1718. The bike mount is the Sidearm, which works fine for me, I still get wary about the bike moving, even though I know it's not going anywhere. It locks around the tire or the frame and has the locking thing for the back wheel. The foam is still in good shape even though being on my escape for around 4 years, everyday. I have actually had it for a few years, it used to be mounted to my escape on the factory roof rack. The bars are 50" and they are just long enough and there are no worries about hitting the bars.

I will post some closer pictures later.

Well I finally got the parts to put my thule rack on my '13 sedan. Took me about an hour by myself, so was not too bad. Not much road noise at 55, no more than usual with the sunroof open. Car is dirty, been a long two weeks at work. Let me know what you think. It is to haul my trek mountain bike around.
5332ad1951ee4ea5ec172bf2bbb8af83.jpg

It looks good @pinecone

some of them are much more serious than others. Some just like to ride in general

are you worried about the roof rack scratching the roof where those little arms arms are?

Ya i would be worried once you took it off that that it buffed that paint off those spots, then i would be mad

I had the same rubber coated feet on the Thule rack on my old 06 Si. After a year on being on at all times it didn't do anything to the paint.

Back